Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(11-06-2012, 08:26 PM)Statyk Wrote: Then don't give people false assumptions. Don't tell people something that may be wrong, otherwise, if it comes after march, they are going to wonder what went wrong. Don't assume.
I don't mind Googol taking a quick guess at a release date. I see it as nothing more than a fan taking a guess at one of the many "aspects" of an upcoming game.

Plus Googol is not even remotely close to being a spokesperson for FG, or thechineseroom so I don't see any harm done as his little guess doesn't really represent anything from either of those. Plus he admitted that he was guessing as well.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 08:31 PM by Kreekakon.)
11-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Well, Jessica Curry said that it would come out in January, 2013. That's what I'm looking forward to.

11-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

They said it's coming out in January, idk where tf 'march' came from

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
11-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Find
GoldenFalcon101 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think will happen in A Machine for Pigs?

It said on Wikipedia (admittedly not the most reliable source but oh well...) that the story would take place sometimes in the present and sometimes in the past. So maybe that means that during a flashback, we actually get to build the machine? Big Grin
11-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Find
Insanity Offline

I believe I've discovered something, though people probably already have worked this out. Did they mean to keep Oswald mandus's role in the game a secret? I really enjoyed frictionals games but if they meant to keep it under the covers before people played the game, it was probably something they missed. When you watch the Halloween trailer, there is the bit at the end where you hear a snippet of the a conversation between two people. "mr Mandus I appreciate your dream, I really do", mandus is oswalds second name. Unless it's a relative or someone with the same name it seems like something that slipped past frictionals radar. Though the more I think about it, the more it seems like this is not the main plot twist (I think it has something to do with the potential son they hint at). But then again, the franchise is all about piecing the protagonists lives back together hence the name amnesia. What are your opinions on this theory, good or bad?
11-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: What do you think will happen in A Machine for Pigs?

(11-06-2012, 10:09 PM)GoldenFalcon101 Wrote: It said on Wikipedia (admittedly not the most reliable source but oh well...) that the story would take place sometimes in the present and sometimes in the past. So maybe that means that during a flashback, we actually get to build the machine? Big Grin
That's an unreliable source. As far as I know, that information is completely wrong. It says on the official website that it takes place in 1899 (you could just say the early 1900s). Whoever wrote that is probably trying to miseducate you.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
11-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

No, he's right, I remember that being said in an interview before. What he means by 'taking place in the past and present' is only relative to the plot itself, as in past having taken place before the game and present taking place during the events of the game itself. So yes, there will be flashbacks.

But you are most definitely right; Wikipidia is most definitely not a reliable source.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
11-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Can someone just find this interview?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

http://beefjack.com/features/amnesia-a-m...preview/2/

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
11-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: I believe I've discovered something, though people probably already have worked this out. Did they mean to keep Oswald mandus's role in the game a secret? I really enjoyed frictionals games but if they meant to keep it under the covers before people played the game, it was probably something they missed. When you watch the Halloween trailer, there is the bit at the end where you hear a snippet of the a conversation between two people. "mr Mandus I appreciate your dream, I really do", mandus is oswalds second name. Unless it's a relative or someone with the same name it seems like something that slipped past frictionals radar. Though the more I think about it, the more it seems like this is not the main plot twist (I think it has something to do with the potential son they hint at). But then again, the franchise is all about piecing the protagonists lives back together hence the name amnesia. What are your opinions on this theory, good or bad?
Not quite sure what you're getting at... they've introduced Mandus pretty early on their teaser page and it was already heavily implied that he created the machine or at least had the idea:
Quote: The year is 1899. Wealthy industrialist Oswald Mandus has returned home from a disastrous expedition to Mexico, which has ended in tragedy. Wracked by fever, haunted by dreams of a dark machine, he recovers consciousness in his own bed, with no idea of how much time has passed since his last memory. As he struggles to his feet, somewhere beneath him, an engine splutters, coughs, roars into life...
So the only new information we gather from the trailer is that he apparently knows a person he refers to as "professor". And I doubt that a line of dialogue that has been purposefully placed at the end of a trailer could be something that "slipped past their radar" Wink
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012, 11:34 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Find