Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please,PLEASE. Help me figure out how to get my Amnesia game running!
DJPon3 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Exclamation  Please,PLEASE. Help me figure out how to get my Amnesia game running!

So,I need loads of help! Please! So,as many problems have been seen for Macs and running Amnesia,sadly,I am one of them. I don't know exactly the source of the problem but I really would like if someone could help me figure out the problem! I'd be extremely please because I am DYING to play this game,and just knowing I own it but can't play it kills me. ;~; So just know,I am a huge idiot when it comes to understanding on how to fix things so please word it very simply ^^; Anyways I've been trying to set it up (For example I tried the Demo) It would just be a black screen for a sec,and then it would crash.

So I just got the game today,tried it and these are several messages it gave me :

This program cannot be run in DOS mode

Couldn’t open the file. It may be corrupt or a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize.

----
That's it. All I know is I'll do ANYTHING to have this fixed,so please,do tell me what's wrong,and if my mac info is needed as in for checking if all is right,then do say please. c:
Thank you!!!

General troubleshooting guide: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html

Graphics card troubleshooting guide: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11183.html

Integrated / laptop graphics chipsets troubleshooting guide: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9942.html
02-21-2012, 04:52 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please,PLEASE. Help me figure out how to get my Amnesia game running!

Are you trying the demo version of Amneisa or did you purchase it from the frictional store? the "This program cannot be run in DOS mode" implies you have the windows version of the game and not the mac version.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
02-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Website Find
DJPon3 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please,PLEASE. Help me figure out how to get my Amnesia game running!

(02-21-2012, 03:01 PM)Urkle Wrote: Are you trying the demo version of Amneisa or did you purchase it from the frictional store? the "This program cannot be run in DOS mode" implies you have the windows version of the game and not the mac version.
Well,at first I did get the demo,and it would at first flicker a black screen and after wards send me a error code saying : Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg
So yesterday I got my hands on the game and it said for Vista/PC not for Mac,I thought it was all together. So there is specific one for the Mac? And no I did not purchase it from the frictional store,I went to the store and purchased it there. So also,what is wrong with my Mac demo because I am sure if when I get the correct version I suppose it'll also tell me this error right?

Also I want to thank you lots for replying to this question of mine! It is very appreciated! <3 ^^

02-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The store bought version is only for Windows so it will not be able to run on a Mac.

The error with the demo could be that your computer does not match the requierments needed to run the game.
02-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Website Find
DJPon3 Offline

(02-22-2012, 06:15 AM)jens Wrote: The store bought version is only for Windows so it will not be able to run on a Mac.

The error with the demo could be that your computer does not match the requierments needed to run the game.
Yeah,I just realized this that it will not work. Sadly. But did they release a Mac version you can buy at the store?
I see,by any chance do you know what may be the main reason or main requirement I am missing?

02-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

No Mac version in the store. The requierments are listed for example here:
http://amnesiagame.com/#buy
02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Website Find
DJPon3 Offline

(02-22-2012, 08:55 AM)jens Wrote: No Mac version in the store. The requierments are listed for example here:
So I'd have to download it online? Thank you,I checked,so far I have the processor and memory fine. I assume as well for the OS. Do you know where I can check the disk space of my Mac and the Video card? Thank you for the link btw~ c:
02-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Find
DJPon3 Offline

(02-22-2012, 08:55 AM)jens Wrote: No Mac version in the store. The requierments are listed for example here:
By any chance do you know how I'd update my graphics card or what can I do to it for it to work?

02-27-2012, 06:30 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

You can see what card you have in Apple Menu -> About This Mac - > More Info... -> Hardware -> Graphics / Displays.
02-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Website Find
DJPon3 Offline

(02-27-2012, 09:30 AM)jens Wrote: You can see what card you have in Apple Menu -> About This Mac - > More Info... -> Hardware -> Graphics / Displays.
This is what it said :

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100
Type: Display
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 144 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a02
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800