Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom story installation - debian linux
gamebeast Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago custom story installation - debian linux

Hi, I tried doing a forum search, but didn't see any prior posts.

I downloaded a custom story from ModDB.com. It was in a compressed .rar file, so I navigated to my home folder where Amnesia is installed and created a folder in the custom_stories directory. I unrar'd the custom story in the folder I created. However, none of the files were organized in anyway,

At any rate, when I load up the game, the custom story I installed does not show up in the launcher. Any ideas? I installed the La Caza custom story (NOT TOTAL CONVERSION MOD). I also tried using Abduction. Neither worked. Sad
02-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Find
FreshKorruption Offline

Threads: 27
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: custom story installation - debian linux

Now it depends on if you have the game from Steam or if you have if from the website.

If you have it from Steam, find the folder that says La Caza. Extract the whole folder to C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/amnesia the dark descent/Custom Stories

With the website version I believe it would instead be in the redist folder. Let me know if this helped.

Custom Stories

-BrastaSauce

02-29-2012, 04:48 AM
Website Find
gamebeast Offline

Threads: 1

(02-29-2012, 04:48 AM)FreshKorruption Wrote: Now it depends on if you have the game from Steam or if you have if from the website.

If you have it from Steam, find the folder that says La Caza. Extract the whole folder to C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/amnesia the dark descent/Custom Stories

With the website version I believe it would instead be in the redist folder. Let me know if this helped.
I am afraid not, I am running the game natively on linux and not windows.

02-29-2012, 04:58 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(02-29-2012, 04:34 AM)gamebeast Wrote: At any rate, when I load up the game, the custom story I installed does not show up in the launcher.

Custom stories don't show up in the launcher, they show up in the custom story menu in game.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-29-2012, 05:20 AM
Website Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

On linux you simply need to make sure the custom story is extracted in the custom_stores folder Such that there is a "custom_story_settings.cfg" in the story folder.. So for La Caza you'd have

/usr/local/games/Amnesia/custom_stories/LaCaza/custom_story_config.cfg

Then the story will show up in the in-game main menu under Custom Stories.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
02-29-2012, 05:36 AM
Website Find