Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support


Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can't get extra_english.lang to work
Author Message
Nevicar Offline
Junior Member

Posts: 37
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Post: #11
RE: Can't get extra_english.lang to work

I get this problem too, and I can confirm what YourComputer is telling you. It's a bug that some people get and others don't. We both can't read out notes and shit in Dev mode, which, was one of the most frustrating things to get working because of that silly little flaw. Sad

You're fine, its the game that's the problem.
03-06-2012 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Damascus Offline
Senior Member

Posts: 642
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation: 29
Post: #12
RE: Can't get extra_english.lang to work

Well, joy. My .lang file has stopped working again. It's been working normally outside of dev mode, but because I can't use that mode, I placed the second .map file of my custom story into a different custom story folder so i could load directly into that map to test it.

However, once I was done with that map, I switched it--along with the updated .lang file--over into the original folder. Now the .lang file, which had been working perfectly well in the separate custom story, has stopped working altogether. I've tried recreating the .lang file and creating a new profile, but nothing I do can get it to work.

Every now and then when I try to replace the file again the .lang file DOES work, but then when I click "Start", the map doesn't load.

My maps are 1) castle.map and 2)tunnel.map, and here are the contents of my .lang file and my custom story settings:

Spoiler below!
<Main
Name="Festung"
Author="Damascus"
ImgFile=""

MapsFolder = "maps"
StartMap="castle.map"
StartPos="PlayerStartArea"
/>

Spoiler below!
<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">You are studying an abandoned castle in Germany, when a sudden tremor that runs through the castle wakes you.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
(omitted for spoilers)
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Quest_HenryDoor_Text">The door to Henry's room is stuck. There might be another way in.</Entry>
(omitted for spoilers)
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Doors">
<Entry Name="jammed">The latch is jammed.</Entry>
<Entry Name="budge">It won't budge.</Entry>
<Entry Name="inside">It's locked.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Lever">
(omitted for spoilers)
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="LoadingText">
(omitted for spoilers)
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

I spoiled the plot-revealing parts, but rest assured that the syntax in those parts was correct, because they were showing up in the level correctly before I copy and pasted the file.

Edit: The original .lang file that I copied over is no longer working either, even though I did not edit it since it worked last. I swear, these files give me the most possible grief.

HAHA DISREGARD THIS, I NEED TO CHECK MY ENTRY TAGS MORE CLOSELY

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 09:37 AM by Damascus.)
03-14-2012 07:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 




User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)