Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can't play Custom Story at all... :'(
Neaflys Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Can't play Custom Story at all... :'(

Problem was solved.
I uninstall the game and reinstall in english
Create a redist file in "Amnesia.app/contents/ressources" and put custom storie in "/redist/customs_stories" and also in the original customs_stories folder
and then, run the game in english ... Don't know what I've done but, well, it works so... Big Grin
03-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

only the windows release looks at redist.

Now, what do you mean by "install in english"? The mac installer is simply drag + Drop? Or are you meaning setting the launcher to english?? what language do you normally run the game as?

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
03-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Website Find
Neaflys Offline

Threads: 1

The first time I've install the game, in the list, I've chose "French" because I'm french.
And I don't remember where I read something about customs stories which had some problems in another main language than "english", so I uninstall Amnesia and reinstall in English main language and put the launcher in english too. When I want to play "The Dark Descent" I put the Launcher in french and when I want to play Customs Stories, Put it in english, because no matter the language, custom story will be in english so... And then, it works.
With "Can't Remember" I have some problem with => '
so, I change "Can't Remember" in "Cant Remember" and it works perfectly !
I really don't know What I've done ... So, for others who have the same problem ... Try to put your game in native english language and if custom_story contains some ' in the files name, modify the file's name without any special caracters is a solution maybe...
Now, I've create a custom story and it's doesn't work at all but, this time, maybe the problem come from the man who created custom story, me.
Thank you for your help ! See you one day if I have some another problems (like right now with my own custom story ... Angry)
03-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Find
UnseenLegend ( NL ) Offline

Threads: 10

(03-15-2012, 06:48 PM)Neaflys Wrote: [Image: capture-d-cran-20...18.50.37-3296106.png] The content of custom_story_settings.cfg for Lost the Light is :

Name="Lost The Lights 1.2"
Author="UnseenLegend_( NL )"
ImgFile="Amnesia Custom Story Lost The Lights_opt.jpg"

MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap="OutSide.map"
StartPos="PlayerStartArea_1"
/>
Lost The Lights 1.2 <--- is a patch only. I spamed it all over the page.
it needs the full version.
Lost The Lights HQ or LQ.

[Image: read-image.asp?n=n-20121202110321-m.jpg&r=8]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 09:15 PM by UnseenLegend ( NL ).)
08-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Find