Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPL2 Editor Lighting Color Issues
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
HPL2 Editor Lighting Color Issues

First off, thank you for taking the time to read this; I did browse the support threads for similar issues, but couldn't find anything. Now, down to the meat of the problem:

When I use the Spot or Point lights in the HPL2 Editor, on occasion, they will act as though they have color values of 1,1,1,1 (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha) regardless of the color values I put in. For example, say I make a reddish point light (lets say 0.45, 0.34, 0.2, 1) and it will be the desired color in the Editor, but when I test out the map, the light will be bright white. This of course, ruins most of the lighting in my rooms and breaks the immersion. It may be also worth mentioning that this effect only occurs when I have used x amount of point lights/spot lights in a small area.

So, if anyone has had similar problems or could give me a solution I would be very thankful. Thanks for reading.

P.S. I am rather experienced with the HPL2 Editor/ Engine, but this seems to be the one problem that keeps rearing its ugly head.

-Andyrockin123
03-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Find