Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help
Leronos Offline

Threads: 1
Help

So I did everything exactly like in the tutorial but my map isnt showing up in the custom_story screen igname

very other story shows up I compared the setting files but its EXACTLY the same thing just other sentences

Pls Help Sad

(sry for bad english Sad )
05-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Find
jamessnk1 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Help

(05-04-2012, 12:46 AM)Leronos Wrote: So I did everything exactly like in the tutorial but my map isnt showing up in the custom_story screen igname

very other story shows up I compared the setting files but its EXACTLY the same thing just other sentences

Pls Help Sad

Make sure that all the files are in the right place. Then, make sure you have all the files you need: .cfg, .lang, .map, and .hps. make sure that all the names in the settings file match up to everything else

05-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Find
Leronos Offline

(05-04-2012, 12:49 AM)jamessnk1 Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 12:46 AM)Leronos Wrote: So I did everything exactly like in the tutorial but my map isnt showing up in the custom_story screen igname

Pls Help Sad

Make sure that all the files are in the right place. Then, make sure you have all the files you need: .cfg, .lang, .map, and .hps. make sure that all the names in the settings file match up to everything else
I checked this like 10 times now
05-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Find
FragdaddyXXL Offline

Threads: 20

I noticed that my story did not show up when I had the wrong map name in my custom_story_settings.cfg file. Maybe you can check there to see if the StartMap = "LEVEL NAME.map" is correct.

So it might be something wrong with your custom_story_settings.cfg file.

Dark Seclusion Here
05-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Find
Leronos Offline

ok ill try to rename both look at it if it doesnt work ill post again Smile

Ok no all of the files have the same name (they did have the same name before as well)

And in dont works ...

I also noticed if i cahnge the main settings (in the documents/amnesia folder) it doesnt affects my game

Does it hates me or something?

Ok i found out WHAT was wrong i didnt named ist custom_story_settings I named it custum_story_settings I am a fucking genious -.-
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012, 01:18 AM by Leronos.)
05-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Find
FragdaddyXXL Offline

Threads: 20

Typos are jerks. xD

Dark Seclusion Here
05-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Find
Ultimegastriker Offline

Threads: 5

-Your Created map has been the .map file and this you take it into a folder "maps"

-You need a .lang file i hope you have it (It's for the Key's names, Screen Messages and so on)

-You need a .hps file (without this your map will not run)
The .hps file comes into the folder "maps" but attention the .map name must have the name from the .hps file.

-You need a custom_story_settings.cfg (this is for the settings from yur Custom Story
witch map you start, what you have for a background picture from the window in amnesia if you start the Story ad so on)

I give you the custom_story_settings.cfg file
The others i can't upload here, why?
I don't know, it's trolling me Sad

Attached Files
.cfg   custom_story_settings.cfg (Size: 191 bytes / Downloads: 94)

On my YT Channel you can find all Storys from here.
05-05-2012, 04:29 AM
Find