Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2008-02 Monday 11th, A penumbra soup of mixed news
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
2008-02 Monday 11th, A penumbra soup of mixed news

Latest reviews
Computer Active - English
"A great combination of brain-teasing riddles and p sychological chills, Penumbra Black Plague is definitely worth exploring..."
Retry.se - Swedish
"Allt detta sköts väldigt bra; det lugna tempot, de intressanta pusslen och den kusliga stämningen är verkligen som gjorda för varandra."
VG Nett - Norwegian
"Ved hjelp av en god og spennende historie, et fantastisk lydbilde og ekle, isolerte miljøer, skapes en skikkelig guffen stemning."
For UK folks the latest issue(185) of PC Gamer has a review of Penumbra: Black Plague and for all Czechs LEVEL is including a full two page review in issue 162.

IGN.com has posted a video review, be warned that the video contains quite a lot of spoilers. It's essentially the same review as the previously reported written review.

Frictional News
For a while we have been only two people here at Frictional Games, but since last week we are back to the norm of being three. Marc has been working with us for some time, but now he is a steady member of our company fiddling away on the graphics side. If things go as planned we might soon extend the employee list further!

We don't do everything internally here at Frictional, we also work with a nice collection of individuals and companies from around the world. Most notably Tom the writer, Mikko the composer, Luis the audio coder and Edward the porter for the Linux & Mac versions.

On the topic of Frictional Games, for those interested we have a Work Log in the forum where Thomas is currently posting about his progress on the new engine, dubbed HPL2.

Demo & Release
Having read this far? Oh my, well better make the best of it and repeat that the demo for Penumbra: Black Plague is out! The full game is to be released in stores across EU on the 15th of February and on the 12th for US and Gamer's Gate, remember that all good nightmares begin at midnight.

02-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Website Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7
RE: 2008-02 Monday 11th, A penumbra soup of mixed news

Nice, you sure the nightmares hasn't bugun at mid day? Its 12:48 pm where I am. I'm 46% into downloading it! Smile Oh boy, oh boy!
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Well, I didn't sound so spooky with "at afternoon tea"
02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Website Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Damnit, why did I have to order the box..!

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Find
OneShot Offline

Threads: 4

WindexGlow Wrote:Damnit, why did I have to order the box..!

I bet you look back on that statement and think, "Thank god I ordered the box" haha

Shopping at Gamersgate is almost the easiest thing in the world. Just follow these instructions:
1. Buy
2. Download (if possible)
3. E-mail support@Gamersgate.com to figure out why your product isn't working!
4. Wait for a representative to respond.
5. Awaiting step 4 to be completed...
02-12-2008, 04:50 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

I re-downloaded Black Plauge last night before I went to bed. It worked this moring.
02-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Find