Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2012-10 Wednesday 31st, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Halloween Teaser
ElusiveTuuka Offline

Threads: 0
RE: 2012-10 Wednesday 31st, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Halloween Teaser

Great to see more of Machine for pigs! The chilling atmosphere is truly palpable, I can't wait to experience the game myself.

Quote:
We want your fear. Record your screams, your whimpers, your blood curdling
shrieks of terror and you could star in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

This is a great time to be a sound designer/audio technology student. I'll head into the studio tomorrow afternoon to vocalise and record my own little world of pain for you. Thanks for the opportunity!
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM by ElusiveTuuka.)
11-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Find
Vespertilio Offline

This little piggy went to market...
This little piggy stayed at home...
This little piggy had roast beef...
This little piggy had none...
And this little piggy went wee, wee, wee, all the way home....."

I wonder if these sentences are a refference to the numbers and types of monsters in the game .
"This little piggy went to market " Perhaps this sentence represents the monster that is roaming the streets of London .
" This little piggy stayed at home..." Maybe its a refference to the monster roaming the houses of London .
" This little piggy had roast beef.." We have seen concept art with butchery type rooms so perhaps the sentence is a refference to the monster roaming those areas .
" This little piggy had none..." Since this sentence connects directly with the one above then perhaps there is a second type of monster in the slaughter/butchery areas .
" And this little piggy went wee, wee, wee, all the way home....."" This sentence is ambiguous but perhaps it has something to do with the 5th monster that has a more symbolic role in the game .
I know these are just my speculations but hey .. wouldnt it be nice XD?
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 08:13 PM by Vespertilio.)
11-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(11-01-2012, 03:29 PM)jens Wrote: Higher requierments. If Amnesia was meant to run OK on mid and high end computers from 2004-2005 and later, then pig will run on similar from around 2007 and later or something like that. We have not come so far yet that the requierments are nailed down. But can say that the levels are much more complex and detailed that it is not possible to keep the same requierments as for the original game.
Hopefully i'll still be able to play on max graphics with a good FPS. Guess i'll have to upgrade if not Wink

[Image: luv.gif]
11-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Find
narutohokager Offline

Threads: 28

(11-01-2012, 03:29 PM)jens Wrote: Higher requierments. If Amnesia was meant to run OK on mid and high end computers from 2004-2005 and later, then pig will run on similar from around 2007 and later or something like that. We have not come so far yet that the requierments are nailed down. But can say that the levels are much more complex and detailed that it is not possible to keep the same requierments as for the original game.

Crap... Sad I really hope my PC will be able to play... I really do not want to miss this game

Sorry for my bad english
Amnesia The Revenge - Chapter 1
11-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Amazing teaser!

Apart from the game, I'm expecting what new features is it going to include. What new scripts and such.

But I'm decided to play IT ALL.

The story... it seems like... I don't know, saying that the world is a machine is very simbolical... it just scares the s**t out of me.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

Can't wait for it Smashing!
11-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

This world is a machine.
A machine for pigs.
Fit only for the slaughtering of pigs.
It all rather depends on what considers to be a pig...

Looks like an exact metaphor to our modern world. Especially by knowing and remembering that pigs DNA is nearly similar to human. As always simplicity is the twin brother of a genius. Our modern world economical machine fit only for enslaving human minds. Seems like the game theme would question us, players, are we ready to rise and change the world? Are we pigs for slaughtering? Who we are? What is our purpose in this world? This simple metaphor leads to thousands of the most complicated questions. Extremely curious to play the game with such a strong philosophical theme. KOYAANISQATSI. ZEITGEIST. SAMSARA.

Who is the scriptwriter on a Machine for Pigs? Anyone from Frictional? Chineseroom? Collaborative?

Level design "grew up" very noticeably. I can't say anything for sure, but looks like that's exactly the mark of the presence of the authors of Dear Esther in the project. Dark Descent level design was quite narrowed to a classical haunted mansion atmosphere. And seems like a Machine for Pigs level design is a lot more complicated, disturbing and compelling to meditate about things, that aren't directly related to the plot and horror. Clear example is the chamber with stuffed animals, the observation of such an environment by itself forces to think about... about many things ))) Like in a little joke about a zoo: "Are cells protecting us from animals or animals from us?" ))))))

Have you been thinking about making a video "Making of a Machine for Pigs"? It would be very interesting to look at you Frictional guys and Chineseroom guys collaborating and working together. Commentary mode would be also really nice, but a real video, not just a voices, could be a lot more satisfying.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012, 09:26 PM by Alex Ros.)
11-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Website Find
ElusiveTuuka Offline

Quote: This world is a machine.

A machine for pigs.

Fit only for the slaughtering of pigs.

It all rather depends on what considers to be a pig...

Looks like an exact metaphor to our modern world. Especially by knowing
and remembering that pigs DNA is nearly similar to human. As always
simplicity is the twin brother of a genius. Our modern world economical
machine fit only for enslaving human minds. Seems like the game theme
would question us, players, are we ready to rise and change the world?
Are we pigs for slaughtering? Who we are? What is our purpose in this
world? This simple metaphor leads to thousands of the most complicated
questions. Extremely curious to play the game with such a strong
philosophical theme.

Absolutely, I think you've made some valid observations regarding the philosophical potential of the game.
I'm very interested to see if this rings true and how the story unravels.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012, 08:37 PM by ElusiveTuuka.)
11-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
Ahiam94 Offline

Threads: 2

IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!! And the whole send your own scream thing is an awesome idea! I might even try recording my scream. It'd be pretty cool if it got in!

I want a Flugelhorn!
11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Find
raptorhunter6 Offline

Threads: 4

Holy hell..that was amazing! O_O! I already got chills just from that small part with the Pig looking for you. The environments look absolutely beautiful and definitely creepy and atmospheric. Having fans send in their squeals is a very cool thing to do. I'm at a loss of words right now at how creepy and amazing the game looks like (and most likely will) be. I just hope my crappy laptop with an Intel GMA 3600 holds up since it could run The Dark Descent in Medium with moderate lag :\ Looking great though, loving every bit.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012, 07:44 PM by raptorhunter6.)
11-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Find