Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: Rain - Custom Story
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12
Amnesia: Rain - Custom Story

[Image: CH6hbrG.jpg]
Amnesia: Rain
by Kiorgaard

I fear my life is in peril. Where I am or how I got here I have no recollection of, for my memory is fragmented and my mind scattered. I find it necessary to write down my thoughts for fear of losing them again. I don't know how many times I have drifted in and out of consciousness, or for how long I have been here. I see visions beyond this nightmare, visions of wood and carpet instead of stone and dirt… I hear rain.

Release:
Amnesia: Rain has been release, check out the showcase thread: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20398.html

Features:
- Hundreds upon hundreds of hours of work; well over a year in production.
- Around two to three hours of gameplay.
- Fully voiced by talented actors.
- Original scares, events and puzzles.
- Highly detailed, tense and atmospheric environments, akin to the original Amnesia.
- No cheap jump-scares. All are well within context and make sense, adding to the frightening ambience and not subtracting from the tension.
- An immersive story, well written and highly open to your own interpretation.
- New additional music, sounds and textures accompanying the original Amnesia content.

This is not a full conversion. I have no desire to make this a full conversion, the idea feels a little gimmicky to me and the technique of late seems a little over used.

Screenshots:
Spoiler below!
[Image: qK3mtRU.jpg]

[Image: icLDY5c.jpg]

[Image: OEmfrVl.jpg]

Teaser Trailers:
Spoiler below!
Teaser 1:

Teaser 2:
You should expect to feel tense and uncomfortable during Amnesia: Rain, so here is a teaser to prepare you for just that:

Full Trailer:

Check out Amnesia: Rain on MODDB for additional screenshots and to download this custom story!
MODDB Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-rain

Thank you for reading! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think, so please leave a comment!
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 06:55 AM by Kiorga(x2)rd.)
02-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

RE: Amnesia: Rain - Custom Story

The teaser certainly won't give anything away in the slightest. Like I say, I'll release the full trailer in a few days, which will be more revealing and show some gameplay and levels.

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
02-06-2013, 03:04 AM
Find
Mantis Toboggan Offline

Threads: 0

This has gotten me intrigued. I can't wait to see how the trailers are and how good this comes out.
02-06-2013, 03:41 AM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

I ended up uploading two different teaser trailers. You can view them now in my original post.

I'll complete and upload the full length trailer sometime tomorrow, come back then to view it!

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Find
CranstonofBoston Offline

Threads: 0

How exciting! This looks to be a very original story. These trailers are very Lynchian (David Lynch is a famous director). Judging by the screen shots there seems to be some some unique ideas that must have been a nightmare to code. I also appreciate a promo written by a person who seems to have a firm grasp of the King's English. What a pleasant change. I just fear that the voice acting will have the bad reverb which has let down so many custom stories. However, judging by the class and elegance with which you handled suspense in these teasers, I'd wager that the you will handle these other areas masterfully. Looking forward to your game. Bring on the FEAR!!

Let the dead eat the dead.
02-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

Well hey! More and more good CS's are coming out!

Awaiting for the trailer Smile This looks damn good!
02-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

This looks good !
I'll keep an eye on this one.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Thank you all for the comments. I've got a MODDB profile up and running now, you can check that out here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-rain

The trailer will be up later this evening. It should have been up already, but I've had several new ideas for it and I've been busy perfecting it.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013, 05:42 AM by Kiorga(x2)rd.)
02-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

The trailer is finally done! Here it is:

02-10-2013, 05:16 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

(02-10-2013, 05:16 AM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: The trailer is finally done! Here it is:

Nice, I like it! Smile Looking forward to this custom story.

btw, was that.. christmas music?

In Ruins [WIP]
02-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Find