Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

segmantation fault...1.0.2567
sybesis Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago segmantation fault...1.0.2567

Core was generated by `./blackplaguedemo.bin'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x0543c116 in glGetError () from /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0543c116 in glGetError () from /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1
#1  0x00993901 in ?? () from ./lib/libCgGL.so
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()

and here is the message i got when running blackplagedemo

blackplaguedemo.bin: pcm_params.c:2351: sndrv_pcm_hw_params: Assertion `err >= 0' failed.
(0) : fatal error C9999: *** exception during compilation ***
Cg compiler terminated due to fatal error(0) : fatal error C9999: *** exception during compilation ***
Cg compiler terminated due to fatal error./blackplaguedemo: line 9: 20093 Ошибка сегментирования                   (core dumped) ./blackplaguedemo.bin "$@"
Penumbra: Black Plague exited unexpectedly, please check
/home/sybesis/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Black Plague/hpl.log
for any error messages
Also try running
ulimit -c unlimited
And re-running Penumbra and try and recreate the error
then submit the generated core file or stack trace

I'm running fedora core 8. I could say that it goes in fullscreen before crashing. But it's just a black screen.

I know that cg libs aren't from you so this probably not a good news...

Hope it helps Smile
04-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Find
sybesis Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: segmantation fault...1.0.2567

I just tried to reinstall Ouverture to test if in fact ouverture still worked. And its probably not a good news for me.

The bug is the same, so the crash isn't black plague specific.

I don't know if it's openAL having problem with pulseaudio. Is there a way to start penumbra without sound?

[EDIT]
Well, i found the problem with fedora...the shipped lib is just not working very well...people should actually make their own link...
and use libopenal.so from the repository.

After i modifier my symlinks in the folder lib of penumbra, everything worked well.

ln -s /usr/lib/libopenal.so libopenal.so.1
05-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

That is strange.. as I tested this game thoroughly on Fedora 7 and 8 (what I am running on my system).

What version of the nvidia drivers do you have installed? 32bit or 64bit system?
I'll have to check if I have pulse audio installed/enabled. (I have a SB live card so I have no need for pulse audio, all apps can share the sound card)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
05-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Website Find
sybesis Offline

My nvidia driver is 169.12

And using the libopenal from the repository fix everything.
I'm sure it could be caused by pulseaudio. Sometimes, pulse audio does strange things.

Anyway, i'll upgrade to fedora 9 when i finish a project. And hopefully next week. i'll buy a copy of blackplague and i hope everything will be all right.
05-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Started downloading F9 yesterday around noonSmile

Oh, could you provide your audo configuration on your system? (Alsa configuration and pulseaudio configuration) so I can attempt to recreate things on my F8 box.

Also what sound card do you have and which nvidia card?

05-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Website Find
sybesis Offline

Urkle Wrote:Started downloading F9 yesterday around noonSmile

Oh, could you provide your audo configuration on your system? (Alsa configuration and pulseaudio configuration) so I can attempt to recreate things on my F8 box.

Also what sound card do you have and which nvidia card?
my nvidia card is a 7900gs (its on my laptop)
my audio card is
Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

Pulseaudio .asounrc
pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
}

ctl.pulse {
    type pulse
}

pcm.!default {
    type pulse
}

ctl.!default {
    type pulse
}

.openalrc
(define devices '(esd))

If there are other files that interest you, you just have to ask because i have to admit PulseAudio config confuse me a lot.

Oh and there is an other bug. But it isn't your fault. I believe it's cause by SDL. I often work in dual screen. And sometimes i want to play games, The fullscreen is just not working correctly. It is probably cause by my nvidia driver that use twinview...I believe it's SDL that does it...When in fullscreen, the screen is on one of my two screen like expected. But the fullscreen has the size of my 2 screen. So i only see half of the screen. Penumbra isn't the only game that does it. If you tell me that you're using SDL for window management. I'll have to add this bug to my todo list Smile
05-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

We use SDL to setup the window.

Pulse audio did look excessively confusing. I'll see if I can recreate things on my box.. though it may end up being a "pulse audio" incompatibility.. I know they are working on pulse audio support for openalsoft, so that may help when that gets released.

As for Fedora 9.. Don't upgrade to it yet. there are still outstanding issues.. I upgraded my co-workers system to it, and we lost VMware functionality until I could get things patched, and he has no 3d support in X for nvidia anymore until nvidia updates their drivers.

05-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Website Find
sybesis Offline

Urkle Wrote:We use SDL to setup the window.

Pulse audio did look excessively confusing. I'll see if I can recreate things on my box.. though it may end up being a "pulse audio" incompatibility.. I know they are working on pulse audio support for openalsoft, so that may help when that gets released.

As for Fedora 9.. Don't upgrade to it yet. there are still outstanding issues.. I upgraded my co-workers system to it, and we lost VMware functionality until I could get things patched, and he has no 3d support in X for nvidia anymore until nvidia updates their drivers.

Ah thank you for the info...i'll wait before fedora 9 then.
PulseAudio is really confusing. But so useful. No need to choose between music while playing a game or in-game sounds...
05-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

sybesis Wrote:Ah thank you for the info...i'll wait before fedora 9 then.
PulseAudio is really confusing. But so useful. No need to choose between music while playing a game or in-game sounds...

That is why I invested in a Sound blaster live (or audigy) as they allow multiple applications to access the sound card at the same time. So cool.

05-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Website Find
Sofox Offline

Threads: 0

Thank you so much Sybesis, I had the exact same problem of Fedora 8. I knew it was the sound because the log file cut off after the sound was starting up.
So following your advice, I went to the lib folder of the game demo, deleted the libopenal.so.1 link. Then, after searching my /usr/lib file for the system's equivalent libopenal file (which was libopenal.so.0), I set up a new link in the old link's place by running a slightly different command from the one you suggested in the lib folder of the demo's directory.
ln -s /usr/lib/libopenal.so.0 libopenal.so.1

PS. I seem to be getting a similar error message after I close the game, but since this is after I've finished playing, I don't really care.
It now starts up fine, though I have an unrelated game problem that I'll be searching the posts for before posting.
06-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Find