Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update

Thanks for the update Jens - that'll rile a few impatient folks. Smile
02-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

Threads: 0

so all we get after these months is a delay. nice.
02-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

oh gawd yesh!
An update at last however not what we hoped for it is something
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 11:46 AM by maarten12100.)
02-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-19-2013, 11:46 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: oh gawd yesh!
An update at last however not what we hoped for it is something
Yep. It was unexpected. But,
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/orig...ething.jpg
Right? It is.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Psshhhhh, no more screenshots! The more we see of the game before it comes out, the lesser the surprise will be! Wink

Anyway, thanks a lot for the status update! It's nice to see you guys aren't forgetting your community over all the stress you must be having as the end of the project draws near.

Also, a general question to everyone: Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda pointless nowadays to translate games that were originally made in English? Hasn't English become enough of a world language yet and isn't the original voice acting oftentimes far superior to translated ones anyway? (Not talking about mere subtitles here)

Personally, despite english not being my first language, I only play a game in german if that was the language it was originally created in, otherwise I feel as if I'm missing out on something. Not to mention the fact that the ressources developers or publishers "waste" on translating could better be used in other areas of the game, imo. Just my thoughts, would love to hear other's Big Grin
02-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-19-2013, 11:53 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Psshhhhh, no more screenshots! The more we see of the game before it comes out, the lesser the surprise will be! Wink

Anyway, thanks a lot for the status update! It's nice to see you guys aren't forgetting your community over all the stress you must be having as the end of the project draws near.

Also, a general question to everyone: Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda pointless nowadays to translate games that were originally made in English? Hasn't English become enough of a world language yet and isn't the original voice acting oftentimes far superior to translated ones anyway? (Not talking about mere subtitles here)

Personally, despite english not being my first language, I only play a game in german if that was the language it was originally created in, otherwise I feel as if I'm missing out on something. Not to mention the fact that the ressources developers or publishers "waste" on translating could better be used in other areas of the game, imo. Just my thoughts, would love to hear other's Big Grin
I agree. The more time they spend on translations, the less quality of the game. Unless, they translate it using Google Translate. But then, the results would be funny!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Find
AdamD Offline

Threads: 7

(02-19-2013, 11:53 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Psshhhhh, no more screenshots! The more we see of the game before it comes out, the lesser the surprise will be! Wink

English is not my first language neither. I´m quite good at it, but however, I always need some subtitles just in case I don´t get somethin. But yeah, you´re right, I prefer the original voices to the translated ones...

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
02-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Find
fede91it Offline

Threads: 1

(02-19-2013, 10:24 AM)Respekt Wrote: I have great respect for your studio, but when can we expect the new content? Even approximately, when?

People like you must understand that a great project is ever in continuous developing until it is finished, or ready for finishes. I think you should have more patience and respect for a developing house that isn't certainly at level of big commercial houses, but that produce a certainly more exciting games of them.

I do this observation with all due respect, unserstood.
02-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I know you dont like answering questions Jens but im gonna ask anyway.
will we be allowed to use assets and such from AAMFP in ATDD like we did with the penumbra assets?
02-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1

Eh, at max four months waiting, it is still tolerable Smile
02-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Find