Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Voice Actors' Guild
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Voice Actors' Guild

For my resume I would put what name I would desire to be in the credits, what my vocal range is instead of age (as that can be misleading and limiting) which would include what ages and voice types I could do, past experiences as well as any training, and a link to a sample.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
05-11-2013, 05:24 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(05-11-2013, 05:24 AM)Miss Rigi Wrote: For my resume I would put what name I would desire to be in the credits, what my vocal range is instead of age (as that can be misleading and limiting) which would include what ages and voice types I could do, past experiences as well as any training, and a link to a sample.

Well, no two voices are exactly the same, and I used age simply because well, the typical male's voice is deeper the elder he is. Because I'm only 16, I do know my voice has gotten deeper since I was 12, but singing in falsetto all my life allows me to still get higher pitch but not a good voice xD

But I can see where you are coming from Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-11-2013, 05:56 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

We should keep this thread alive so people could see this and just visit it so that they don't hire people they don't know.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-11-2013, 05:56 AM)ROMul8r Wrote:
(05-11-2013, 05:24 AM)Miss Rigi Wrote: For my resume I would put what name I would desire to be in the credits, what my vocal range is instead of age (as that can be misleading and limiting) which would include what ages and voice types I could do, past experiences as well as any training, and a link to a sample.

Well, no two voices are exactly the same, and I used age simply because well, the typical male's voice is deeper the elder he is. Because I'm only 16, I do know my voice has gotten deeper since I was 12, but singing in falsetto all my life allows me to still get higher pitch but not a good voice xD

Actually she raises an excellent point. How should range be identified? Should we use the standard choral SATB terms for range or are there any specific voice-acting terms that are generally used?
05-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(05-11-2013, 11:20 AM)Bridge Wrote:

Actually she raises an excellent point. How should range be identified? Should we use the standard choral SATB terms for range or are there any specific voice-acting terms that are generally used?

Could base it on an example of someone doing perhaps a doh, ray, mi, fah, so, la, ti, doh and putting it on Soundcloud in which can be used for determining vocal ranges.

E.g. My voice: https://soundcloud.com/romulator/a-test-...ocal-range

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2013, 03:04 PM by Romulator.)
05-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(05-11-2013, 02:52 PM)ROMul8r Wrote:
(05-11-2013, 11:20 AM)Bridge Wrote:

Could base it on an example of someone doing perhaps a doh, ray, mi, fah, so, la, ti, doh and putting it on Soundcloud in which can be used for determining vocal ranges.

E.g. My voice: https://soundcloud.com/romulator/a-test-...ocal-range

That doesn't really establish anything though. It gives some hint as to what register the person can sing a major scale in most comfortably but it does not determine range. I am still not sure how accurate people should be in determining their range. It is hardly necessary to specify the actual range mapped out in musical notes - that is not really that useful outside of a choral environment. I think people generally have a good idea of how high soprano is and how low bass is. I think these terms give a good idea as to the speaking range of the person, but I am still unsure. Gonna have to hear what people think is the best way to denote "range".

By the way, your major scale is almost completely incorrect. No offense, of course. Big Grin
05-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(05-11-2013, 03:23 PM)Bridge Wrote: That doesn't really establish anything though. It gives some hint as to what register the person can sing a major scale in most comfortably but it does not determine range. I am still not sure how accurate people should be in determining their range. It is hardly necessary to specify the actual range mapped out in musical notes - that is not really that useful outside of a choral environment. I think people generally have a good idea of how high soprano is and how low bass is. I think these terms give a good idea as to the speaking range of the person, but I am still unsure. Gonna have to hear what people think is the best way to denote "range".

By the way, your major scale is almost completely incorrect. No offense, of course. Big Grin

I was told about 2 years ago that I was a bass, which was around the time my voice broke. Since then, my voice had gotten a little higher. With that said though, just by sort of listening to someone's voice, you can get an idea of how they sound if they need to adjust a little.

And yeah, no offense taken. I'm not a voice actor, nor a singer, yet my sister from another mister likes it whenever I attempt to sing Smile Often puts her to sleep, but that's a good thing. I just used it as an example. Big Grin

Spoiler below!

05-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Find
vixenVIPER Offline

Threads: 1

VOICE ACTING RESUME

Name: Sandra Malm
Sex: Female
Vocal range: My natural speaking voice is mature, though I am able to range between all pitches. Versatile!
Country of residence: Sweden (though I am able to pull off both American and British English accents.)

Background: Ever since I was little, I've been over the top interested in mimicking people, and so I always have. When I grew older I began dreaming about voice acting for games and anime series, something that I am yet to achieve. As an aspiring voice actress I have decided to take on the works of mods and indie games. Gotta start somewhere, no?

Previous work: I am currently working on a Skyrim mod where I play an Argonian. That will be my first ever work, and I am O so excited.

Preferred roles: Though I am able to manipulate my vocal cords to sound young, I am a little less able to capture the essence of a younger person. A mature woman is preferred, but I would be more than happy to scream, groan, cry, vomit and what not. To deliver emotion through my voice is something I have been told to be good at.

Voice samples: https://soundcloud.com/sandra-frida-linn...ice-acting

Contact information: Skype: XmatineeX Email: VixenNymph@live.com

Anything extra you wish to add: Like I mentioned above, I will be happy to perform almost any work for you, so don't hesitate to contact me if all you need is a few background noises. Thank you!

[Image: rp74RQr.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2013, 01:52 PM by vixenVIPER.)
05-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Just added a workable link to Sandra's resume, which she generously agreed to volunteer, in the first post. You can now see what kind of system I had in mind for this thread (if it wasn't obvious). Now it just remains to be seen whether people decide that this is necessary or even useful.
05-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Well, the resume does look good and well detailed Smile Even so, readers have to ho through a couple of posts to get to it. Probably got to make a new thread Smile I'll leave that up to you Bridge Smile

05-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Find