Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAMFP Custom Trailer Music Recreation
HorrorElementFilms Offline

Threads: 8
AAMFP Custom Trailer Music Recreation

Hello! I just kinda wanted to show off my recreation of the music in the "Halloween Trailer" for Amnesia AMFP. It wasn't very long, so it only took me like 2 days to make. But I did persistently work on it, and I just wanted to show it to somebody.

I know there are some obvious issues with it, like the lack of white noise playing in the background to give it ambience (which I FURIOUSLY tried to recreate, only to fail miserably), and the lack of correct vocals (because I couldn't find an opera singer to hire XD), and it just being a little to low pitched. But, considering it was one of my first finished audio projects, I don't really think it's all that bad.

BTW, I did make this on FL Studio. But, do you guys know of any other music softwares, specifically for creating soundtrack music?
08-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: AAMFP Custom Trailer Music Recreation

Not bad at all. It's certainly no substitute but it is a decent recreation.

P.S. There are plenty of music programs (properly referred to as DAWs (digital audio workstations)) but which one you use is merely a matter of preference. For the most part, instrument samples are available for all of these programs, barring some exclusives - so it is really a matter of finding good samples rather than having any specific program. The top shelf samples that are used in video game and sometimes film scores are almost guaranteed to work with FL Studio.
08-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Find

(08-16-2013, 01:17 AM)Bridge Wrote: Not bad at all. It's certainly no substitute but it is a decent recreation.

P.S. There are plenty of music programs (properly referred to as DAWs (digital audio workstations)) but which one you use is merely a matter of preference. For the most part, instrument samples are available for all of these programs, barring some exclusives - so it is really a matter of finding good samples rather than having any specific program. The top shelf samples that are used in video game and sometimes film scores are almost guaranteed to work with FL Studio.

Thanks!

I mostly used VST's like Nexus, but If I want good specific sounds, I'd have to look for (or maybe even make) different samples. But good thing their compatible for FL Studio, because I'd hate to have to purchase another expensive program, when all I needed was different Audio clips XD.
08-16-2013, 01:28 AM
Website Find
Vredesbyrd Offline

Threads: 1

(08-16-2013, 01:02 AM)HorrorElementFilms Wrote: Hello! I just kinda wanted to show off my recreation of the music in the "Halloween Trailer" for Amnesia AMFP. It wasn't very long, so it only took me like 2 days to make. But I did persistently work on it, and I just wanted to show it to somebody.

I know there are some obvious issues with it, like the lack of white noise playing in the background to give it ambience (which I FURIOUSLY tried to recreate, only to fail miserably), and the lack of correct vocals (because I couldn't find an opera singer to hire XD), and it just being a little to low pitched. But, considering it was one of my first finished audio projects, I don't really think it's all that bad.

BTW, I did make this on FL Studio. But, do you guys know of any other music softwares, specifically for creating soundtrack music?

Holy cow! That was awesome! I had goosebumps all the way through. No need for an opera singer, this is truly the way it should be. 5/5 great! Big Grin
08-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Find

Thanks alot for the positive feedback!
I don't know if it's just me with forums, but I was actually expecting a ton of criticism. You sir just made my day! I'm writing another orchestral piece just from unintentional inspiration of your insightful comment. Expect great things in the future now...
08-16-2013, 03:56 AM
Website Find
Zixalf Offline

Threads: 2

I use Reason 7 for creating music. It's suitable for any type of music. And it has a synthesizer called Malstrom with premade sound samples that include choirs which you can use instead of the 'opera singer' Wink Add some reverb and widen the stereo image a bit and there ya go.
I make mostly Electro Pop with it, by the way.

Still pretty good music for a FL production anyways!

PS. This is the music I make with Reason:
https://soundcloud.com/skywishofficial/seagulls-1

Hey, I am on YouTube! Please tell me what you think of my videos!
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2013, 02:55 PM by Zixalf.)
08-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Website Find
Dpx008 Offline

Threads: 0

If you want good soundbanks, you can use some of the VSTs by East West Quantum Leap.
I used FL Studio too to create this: http://m.soundcloud.com/dpx008/ssbb-final-destination
Your track sounds pretty good by the way :p
08-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Find
Lama Offline

Threads: 0

One of your first finished audio projects? Whoa, nice! I liked that a lot, didn't think you are a beginner! Good job.
08-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Find

(08-16-2013, 02:47 PM)Dpx008 Wrote: If you want good soundbanks, you can use some of the VSTs by East West Quantum Leap.
I used FL Studio too to create this: http://m.soundcloud.com/dpx008/ssbb-final-destination
Your track sounds pretty good by the way :p

WOAH! Thanks alot for that VST, that's going to help me SOO much. And I Like your stuff a lot too.
08-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Website Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

This is great, job well done! I think you nailed it. You should also try recreating one of the soundtracks in The Dark Descent, as well. That would be awesome.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
08-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Find