Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lamp in AAMFP
fede91fede Offline

Threads: 1
Lamp in AAMFP

Hi all guys Smile I have a question about the lamp in AAMFP.

How the lamp is managed? I have read that there are not oil for recharging, So it has an infinite life, or discharge and recharge in some way?

Thanks in advance.
09-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Find
Retomathic Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Lamp in AAMFP

they said that a normal lantern would not go out in 2 minutes like the original did, a normal lantern stays on for 8 hours and since this game said to be played at one night it has infinite light
09-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Website Find
fede91fede Offline

Threads: 1

Oh, ok. Thanks for the answer Smile
09-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

So in other words the lantern in AMFP will be infinite during the entire game?

Which reminds me, I've actually never noticed that day & time keep changing in the original Amnesia. There it's day outside up until the Back Hall. There it gets strange, it's daytime in the guest room, and in the back hall. In the study, the side with the window sills is night while the opposite side has daylight coming through the windows.

Then if I remember right, the cistern hub has a grating at the top showing daylight again, and I think the only other time you see the sky after that is the place with the 4 bridges and it's night.
Up until the final cutscene where Daniel walks out of the castle, and there it seems to be daytime again.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 03:32 PM by cantremember.)
09-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

Regarding 'daylight' in ATDD - I always assumed that it was moonlight. Smile
09-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

I went in the game & looked again, I think it's meant to be daytime since the light going through the windows is VERY bright in some places, notably the entrance & back hall, the control room and the morgue (there's an opening in the ceiling illuminating the pile of bodies). So I don't know why it's night in one side of the study (where you jump the window ledges) and in the chancel.Huh

On the window ledges you can see the windows of what is supposedly the guest room (although the windows have different shapes) and it's dark outside, but when you're in the guest room there is light coming through the windows Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 06:54 PM by cantremember.)
09-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

Some one actually said this once:

''Asking this again I noticed something, when someone was looking down, the lantern stayed pointing forward (because of gravity of course) but you see the light go down. is that meant? is there like a hole in the lantern where light can go through too? or did I just discover an unreal thing''

I have been thinking about that actually, what is up with that? Is that a bug or something? Are they fixing it or?

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
09-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Sounds like something they would've overlooked, the lightsource being attached to the "camera" and not directly to the lantern itself.
I think it's the same in TDD, wiggle the lantern around but the lightsource won't move even when the lantern is still rocking back and forth.Huh
09-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Find
Retomathic Offline

Threads: 5

(09-02-2013, 08:17 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: Some one actually said this once:

''Asking this again I noticed something, when someone was looking down, the lantern stayed pointing forward (because of gravity of course) but you see the light go down. is that meant? is there like a hole in the lantern where light can go through too? or did I just discover an unreal thing''

I have been thinking about that actually, what is up with that? Is that a bug or something? Are they fixing it or?

yeah, I posted that because I wanted to know if it was meant to be
I guess not
(09-02-2013, 08:22 PM)cantremember Wrote: Sounds like something they would've overlooked, the lightsource being attached to the "camera" and not directly to the lantern itself.
I think it's the same in TDD, wiggle the lantern around but the lightsource won't move even when the lantern is still rocking back and forth.Huh

and indeed you can see the light is connected to the camera
and amnesia tdd, but that was a lantern that spreads more light. it is more visible here because you see the lantern points one way and still the light goes under the lantern
in amnesia tdd it was less noticable
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 09:02 PM by Retomathic.)
09-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Website Find
XDamienDaKillaX Offline

Threads: 2

(09-02-2013, 08:17 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: Some one actually said this once:

I think its because you aren't really going to spend a lot of time looking directly down. In TDD, you didn't have any point where you had to look directly down for more than 4 seconds. If you're playing the game, and you do come to a part where you have to look down, I'd think you'd be too nervous about what is going to happen next than analyzing the beam of light. I don't really think it is an oversight, I think the lantern would be less effective if the beam of light emitted from it.
09-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Find