Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2008-08 Tuesday 26, Penumbra: Requiem
toyota582 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: 2008-08 Tuesday 26, Penumbra: Requiem

Tommy Gun Wrote:lol, no, just for the installation.
just to be clear. lets say I have the game burned to disc and want to play it on a different pc in the future. will I be able to just put the disc in and install it like a regular game or will I need gamersgate to install or play it?
08-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

Ok.
Gamergate installer is a free download from gamergate, its very small, and quick to do. When you buy, if you don't have this, install it.
Then login to ur gamergate account through the downloader. If you have purchased the game, an option will appear for you to download the game.
Once finished, it will then give you an option to install, install it, and you will no longerr need the net for the game.
As for the CD, It depends, if you know what an ip address is, its the name of your internet, and every one is different, if you share a connection with two computers, the games will work on both. You will be able to install games that are using UR internet, but it will not work on a computer that has different internet from when it was first installed.
To get the game on another ip address, you must contact gamersgate.

lol, sorry if im not being clear.Smile

Not an image
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 07:32 AM by ARes88.)
08-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Find
toyota582 Offline

Threads: 5

Tommy Gun Wrote:Ok.
Gamergate installer is a free download from gamergate, its very small, and quick to do. When you buy, if you don't have this, install it.
Then login to ur gamergate account through the downloader. If you have purchased the game, an option will appear for you to download the game.
Once finished, it will then give you an option to install, install it, and you will no longerr need the net for the game.
As for the CD, It depends, if you know what an ip address is, its the name of your internet, and every one is different, if you share a connection with two computers, the games will work on both. You will be able to install games that are using UR internet, but it will not work on a computer that has different internet from when it was first installed.
To get the game on another ip address, you must contact gamersgate.

lol, sorry if im not being clear.Smile
ok so I was right to begin with. Im not allowed to freely install and play the game after I burn it disc. if they are checking my IP address when I want to play in the future then it is not really my game to play where I want. also this does seem to mean that in the future if there is a problem with gamersgate then I will not be allowed to play.
08-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

[/quote] ok so I was right to begin with. Im not allowed to freely install and play the game after I burn it disc. if they are checking my IP address when I want to play in the future then it is not really my game to play where I want. also this does seem to mean that in the future if there is a problem with gamersgate then I will not be allowed to play.
[/quote]

Yeah, u nailed it, its mainly to avoid software piracy. But, like i said before, you only need the internet for the installation. then u don't need the net.

Not an image
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Find
shakes Offline

Threads: 1

so...dudes why not up'it on torr. so everybody can dnld it :-s
08-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

shakes Wrote:so...dudes why not up'it on torr. so everybody can dnld it :-s

if you mean torrents, why don't you actually let an indie business have a go instead of screwing them over.

besides, even if i wanted to, i dunno how to crack gamersgate security, do you?

Not an image
08-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Find
shakes Offline

so...u're telling me u haven't bought and download the game from gamesgate? uploading the game files somewhere don't have nothig to do w GG after dnlding it from them..
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 08:39 AM by Villane.)
08-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

shakes Wrote:so...u're telling me u haven't bought and download the game from gamesgate? uploading the game files somewhere doesn't have nothig to do w GG after dnlding it from them..

if ur saying that i havnt bougt a game that came out 55 minutes ago. no i havnt.
Besides, as i said before, give indie designers a chance.

i don't care in the slightest if people screw over bungie or ubisoft.

Not an image
08-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Find
shakes Offline

ok mate, my bad than..I'm in with you on this, so are you going to buy it early today? Big Grin cuz' here in Romania I don't think I'll see it in the shels quite a while Sad
08-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

shakes Wrote:so...dudes why not up'it on torr. so everybody can dnld it :-s

Torrents and the like is just the way the world works and we have to accept that. But it is always quite discouraging to see people pirating your game when one has spent so much time and effort into making them.

However, it is even more discouraging to do it in our face on our own forum... thanks a bunch...
08-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Find