Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eternium: Sins of the Father [Full Release]
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Eternium: Sins of the Father [Full Release]

Downloading now, I will make a review when finished. So excited to play this one Smile

40 minute later EDIT: Finally finish it, great adventure and really spooky enviroment to play.

Review:

Spoiler below!
Well I liked this story a lot, however it was pretty short, but still really enjoyable and what I looked your mapping skills there are just insanely good, one of the best designing map adventures what I played recently.

Enviroment is just really detailed and you really put effort on those maps and final result is just amazing. 9/10

Scares were good, only couple of those, but enough to scare shitless in some places. 8/10

Story is good and well written, but seems little rushed and in the ending player want more.. what I discovered? It was pretty dull just "Automatic walk here and rock is falling" then BAM end? Hrhm. Don't get me wrong it was nice way to end it, but too quickly imo. 7/10

Puzzles well... there are okay and different way to open some doors, but pretty basic ones and want more challenging ones aswell. For me it was way too easy. 6/10

Overall I can't give you ten out of ten, because there are some flaws, but not big ones just small improvements what comes to puzzles and little more to scare player and improved ending of course. Still it was really nice adventure with rich detailing and amazing map designing what I was looking for in this mod. Well you nailed it! Smile

8.5/10 - One of the best enviroment adventure to explore

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013, 12:46 AM by HumiliatioN.)
10-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

I have the Eternium1 folder in my custom_stories folder. But I don't have it listed when I go into the game. Please help. Blush
10-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-30-2013, 10:10 AM)Tetrafish Wrote: I have the Eternium1 folder in my custom_stories folder. But I don't have it listed when I go into the game. Please help. Blush

Eternium is a full conversion, not a custom story.

You are supposed to extract it to the redist folder, not the custom story one.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

(10-30-2013, 10:39 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Eternium is a full conversion, not a custom story.

You are supposed to extract it to the redist folder, not the custom story one.

Thank you for your reply. I should've expected that.

*Steam user* I moved the contents of the folder to the Amnesia folder, overwritten the requested files...

Before I moved the files, I started the .bat file, played after making a new profile, played an extremely short level before the game was finished and I exited, then it (Amnesia, tdd) had the game start screen (window on the desktop) messed up, I used Steam to restore, now it's back to normal -- except for the title screen in the game and there's still no Full Conversion Mod anywhere to play.

Eh, oh well. I'm sure it's fun. I'll never know.

eta: Thank goodness for Steam's verify integrity of local game cache.

Okay, the original game is playable again. Wrong title screen though. Aw piss.

eta2: Sorry. I'll not reply any more so we don't get off-topic here. I will figure it out, somehow.

final edit: I'll just reinstall Amnesia.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 08:17 AM by Tetrafish.)
10-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

you are not supposed to overwrite any files dude!
10-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Y'know, I installed this.... but I keep forgetting to play it.

Damnit.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-31-2013, 12:27 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-30-2013, 05:11 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Right, this is an isolated full conversion so to install:
Take the Eternium1 folder.
Put in your main Amnesia folder.
Launch .bat, play.

Just a small addendum to make it clearer for n00bs like me:

When playing this with the non-Steam version of Amnesia, the Eternium1 folder has to be placed in:

Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\

If we put it in the main Amnesia folder (Amnesia - The Dark Descent\), it won't work.

This might seem obvious for the most experienced CS players, but I was stoopid and placed the Eternium1 folder outside the redist folder, so it wasn't working.

EDIT:

Robosprog, perhaps you could include a README file with instructions for both versions (Steam and non-Steam)?

Oh, another important information: I had to enter my Amnesia serial number again. It can be accessed and copied directly from the file \Documents\Amnesia\Main\installkey.

Thanks.

EDIT 2:

(10-30-2013, 10:39 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: You are supposed to extract it to the redist folder

Whoops, missed this post!

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 05:44 AM by Ashtoreth.)
10-31-2013, 03:21 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

I know, I also own the Steam version of Amnesia. I just thought it would be useful to have installation instructions for both Steam and non-Steam.

Thanks Smile

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 12:09 PM by Ashtoreth.)
10-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I detected a flickering texture in

Spoiler below!

the cellar, in the room where you pick a chemical container and the stairs break:

http://i.imgur.com/Wflkwdm.jpg

A POTENTIAL BUG:

In this same level, in a room with a severed arm, when I pick up the key hidden between some rocks and a chair, and the suitor kills me, when I respawn the key doesn't seem to be useful anymore: When I use it at the door, it disappears.

Besides from this, from what I have played, the story is a 9/10 and the mapping 10/10. I can't wait to play the rest of the story Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 01:59 PM by The chaser.)
10-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(10-31-2013, 05:05 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Holy shit how did I miss that flicker? Apologies about that! Also, the key -should- be useful, but it's only use is with the door so yeah that's supposed to happen.

Yea well, the problem is that when I use the key and it disappears, the door doesn't unlock Sad

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Find