Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra English.Lang
Aglowglint11 Offline

Threads: 8
Extra English.Lang

Now! I'm back finally after having some Custom Story Errors, but this time there is something wrong with the Extra English.Lang, or at least I think there is. Don't know if there is something wrong with my game or not.

So the problem started like this: I had everything running A O.K and then I handed my custom story over to a friend using Winrar and after I had put it in the Winrar file all my notes just stopped working, They didn't work for me nor the person I had sent it to. Here is my script, I didn't change anything I don't think but for some reason the notes don't work.

~~~

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Your name is Abraham, you are inside an old castle you have claimed for your own, fooled by the castle's beautiful decore Abraham has no idea what horrors lurk inside.
</CATEGORY>

============

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Room_Name">Rememberance</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Room_Text">My name is, Abraham, at least I think it is... I can't remember much after a strange purple liquid.This castle, is not mine, it doesn't feel right claiming it, I must leave at once in the morning. </Entry>

<Entry Name="Note_Stairs_Name">The Castle</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Stairs_Text">The Castle.... I don't remember it being this large and this.... 'Dark' somethings not right here, I don't see any of my servants anywhere, maybe they fled in sake of losing their jobs? I continue to follow the light.</Entry>

<Entry Name="Note_Secret_Name">Easter Egg</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Secret_Text">If you're reading this it means you've found my Easter Egg! First off Congratulations! And Second, There are MANY, MANY other easter eggs in this story! One... In particular in the last room, That leads to another part of the story! Good luck finding it!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

~~~

I don't see what is wrong. Help if you can, Thanks Big Grin
05-29-2014, 01:04 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Extra English.Lang

Where's the ending </Entry> for the description entry?

05-29-2014, 01:27 AM
Find
Aglowglint11 Offline

Threads: 8

Oh, was that the whole problem?

Oh, well thanks, I should have thought of that lol. But yeah, it fixed it. Thanks again Big Grin

Should be more Careful next time.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014, 01:45 AM by Aglowglint11.)
05-29-2014, 01:38 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Trust me, if not scripting errors, then these language files will always find a way to screw you over.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
05-30-2014, 06:38 AM
Website Find