Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Waiting for Penumbra order ... What to do?
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Waiting for Penumbra order ... What to do?

(02-05-2009, 05:31 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Those were children? Was there any plot or puzzles in the game by the way?
I played like the first few minutes. Made a flashlight (good thinking there, walking off into the dark without a flashlight [i]is{/i] stupid), went out of the house... into the house... and into a bathroom. That's what I remember.

There was actually, quite a bit to it. I dunno if that's the extent to which you played, or if that's only what you're able to remember, but you do encounter some basic plot elements and jump-inducing scares. You know, you might hear a sudden, strange noise, or you might find a note that kinda glosses over some weird occurrence.

I'm gonna put some of it in spoilers, in case people wanna find out on their own.

Spoiler below!

My impression was that there was some weird cult or influence that inhabited the town, something that everyone was forced to follow/obey. Kids and adults were abducted and, either through some scientific or occult process turned into monsters. But I'm under the impression kids were the main focus of their macabre work, between the notes I've read, and the paintings on the wall of mutilated children or unborn fetuses.

Why the town was abandoned, however, I'm not entirely sure, but someone does communicate with you via IM in one of the apartment rooms, telling you to get out because something was looking for you. Which indicates that you're not entirely alone, barring the occasional child-zombie you run into.

This is just general stuff I learned and can actually remember. To help get around the crashes, I would change the start-point for the game and give myself the revolver with plenty o' ammo. Plus whatever inventory items I had collected along the way.

As for puzzles, they were mainly just inventory puzzles. You know, find key A to get through door B kinda thing. Nothing really revolutionary or brain-teasing.

02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

(02-05-2009, 05:31 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Those were children? Was there any plot or puzzles in the game by the way?
I played like the first few minutes. Made a flashlight (good thinking there, walking off into the dark without a flashlight [i]is{/i] stupid), went out of the house... into the house... and into a bathroom. That's what I remember.

Great puzzle is when you go into a warehouse, then kill one of the screamers (bloody juveniles Smile) look around, and you will find a crate with a caption saying something like (there are scratches on the floor) you push it back, and there is a little hole with a key at the bottom.
You combine the string and the magnet together to lower down the magnet and pick up the key. then you use it to open a house with a single room similar to a sanitarium, with a possesed kid.
Another is finding the handgun by opening the draw using a screwdriver and opening a safe to find a housekey.
lots of others, but they are the highlights in my opinion Big Grin:

But greykin is right, they are mainly inventory puzzles.

(And i got the impression that they lived worshipping satan, and that hell reclaimed them or soemthing like that.)

Not an image
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2009, 08:12 AM by ARes88.)
02-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Huh. From what I played it all seemed a lot less complete than that. I'll probably download it again when the next Frictional game is released.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Find