Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Steam Full Version and Demo crashing due to same reason.
Kenjineering Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Steam Full Version and Demo crashing due to same reason.

MY SYSTEM:

64bit Windows Vista operating on a 60gig SSD with 15gig free
Penumbra is installed on my 1T hard drive with 700gig free
6gig RAM
920 Core i7
NVIDIA GTX 280 with latest drivers... 182 or something...

I run black plague with everything turned up.. (apart from brightness of course lol)

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

At first I downloaded the demo of Black Plague from a random website.

After maybe half an hour of "shitting my pants" game play it crashes. There is no error message.. just the typical vista "the program stopped working checking for solutions to problem"... and then nothing... lol

So I downloaded the Complete Set - Overture, Black plague, requiem.. from STEAM. and the same problem occured.. for black plague and overture... (i didnt bother with requiem)

QUESTION

SO my question is.. AAAAYYYYEEEE??? what is going on!Cool

The game is worth constantly quiting and re-opening.. whcih is what i am doing now.. but i rather avoid it

I downloaded each from two independant sources..
03-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Steam Full Version and Demo crashing due to same reason.

Make sure to turn off hardware sound.

If the crashes continues, then attach hpl.log found in "My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode 1" (if you are playing Penumbra Overture that is).
03-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Find