Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Steam Page
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Amnesia Steam Page

(05-02-2010, 11:14 AM)Scraper Wrote:
(05-02-2010, 12:38 AM)Kaese Wrote: Also if you want around 1000 definite Steam sales, add Steam-Achievements.
Lots of achievement-whores around Tongue

I've never understand why some people play only for the achievements.
I personally play for fun, not to earn gamerscore or some other points earned through achievemnts.

It depends on the game for me. Mostly I play for the enjoyment, but there are a few games where after a certain amount of time I continued to play to collect a few achievements (like Torchlight, for instance).

Penumbra did have, in a sense, achievements. Finding all the trophies in the game is an achievement-like activity.
05-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Well, yes. But, finding all the artifacts in Black Plague and Requiem gave you something you couldn't find any other way than collecting them all.

05-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Website Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

Threads: 16

i never found out wat it gave u in bp wat was it?
05-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

In Black Plague, if you look in Amabel's lab computer, you'll find something that requires a password. There is also something installed on your own hard drive that requires a password. In Requiem, there is something I think on the second level that requires a password.

Suffice it to say, collecting all the artifacts gives you special passwords for extra content. Maybe something like that would work in Amnesia, not necessarily a collectible item, but more of a system that keeps track of how much you explore like in Metro 2033? Would be better and more interesting than having something say that you simply completed the game.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
05-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Website Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

metro 2033 was fun as shit but i didnt even know you could explore off the path
05-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Well not particularly off the path - It was still very linear - but there were all extra rooms and extra areas you could explore. The magic about this is that if you were an explorer, it counted how you played as part of the moral choice system, meaning you had to be a person who doesn't care to explore to get the bad dude ending. Apparently. I haven't actually gotten it after three plays through because of my compulsion to look for goodies.

05-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Website Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

wait theres 2 endings if u explore. i thought it was if you went for you friend or the evil at the end is wat determinded it. btw the chase scene at the end is so confusing and awesome
05-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

As far as I can tell, there is one single path to take at the end. The ending is determined with a series of moral choices, or even just gunplay decisions throughout, each signified with your screen changing its tint a small amount and a whooshing sound. The moral choices are not just prompted things like in BioShock where you repeatedly choose between killing or letting live little girls.

But back on Steam and the pages thereof?

05-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Website Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

yeah a offical steam group sounds good. also achievs would be cool but there selling it out other sites and a boxed version i believe so for achieves theyd have to make those version install steam cause i dont think there can be some versions with achieves and others not so achieves seem unlikely plus making them anyway is hard to think of
05-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Find
Tzajof Offline

Threads: 1

Well, what I was suggesting was mainly that Frictional should (if possible) update the Amnesia Info page on Steam to let people know about the pre-order deal and also the ability to activate the Steam version using their codes, therefore getting the word out there to potentially many more people.

But an official Steam group is also good. Tongue
05-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Find