Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

bugtracker?
Matthes Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago bugtracker?

Hello.
I think I found some small bugs in the black plague demo. Do you have a bugtracker where I can open a ticket or shall I post my observations right here?
08-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: bugtracker?

Post them into this thread, if you like.
However, I don't think Frictional Games will update the demo version of the game anymore.

08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Website Find
Matthes Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Missing textures

As you can see, there are no textures displayed for some objects.
I also attached the config file.
Sometimes nearly all textures go black. I assume that this happens only when the player looks directly into a light source. config file same as above.
This is especially an issue of the front-board of the electric-box in the floor with the white zombie.
When I hold the metal-board high it starts vibrating/shaking very hard, it doesn't look very fine.
Maybe it is stuck in a position and the prog tries to move it a little in order to un-stuck it again and again?
Using a wooden plank, I managed to lift a rusty metal shelf and move it out of one room. When I dropped it, the whole thing started shaking like crazy and than 'fell' out of the level, beyond the ground. It looked like there was another level beyond normal floor/surface. I wasn't able to see it anymore or get the shelf back. The plank vanished, too.
to be continued later....
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 03:19 PM by Matthes.)
08-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The demo is not at the latest version, so it can have some graphical glitches. I can't recall but I think you can install the full versions 1.1 patch on the demo, only that you have to manually direct it to the correct folder.

Also make sure to update the drivers for the video card as well as turn of any fancy features (optimizations) in the graphic cards settings or any type of accelerated window manager that could interfere with the game.

Looking at the shots you are running the game on the lowest shader? That could be a cause maybe.
08-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Website Find
Matthes Offline

(08-18-2010, 03:51 PM)jens Wrote: The demo is not at the latest version, so it can have some graphical glitches. I can't recall but I think you can install the full versions 1.1 patch on the demo, only that you have to manually direct it to the correct folder.

If it is possible, I think it is worth being added here: http://www.penumbragame.com/demo.php Wink

I executed the patch in /homefolder/PenumbraBlackPlagueDemo/ but a window popped up "Could not find existing install of Penumbra: Black Plague in /homefolder/PenumbraBlackPlagueDemo"
removing the "Demo" in the folder name didn't work, too. :|

Btw. the installer says "Choose the existing director where Penumbra: Black Plague" isn't a "is" missing at the end? Wink

Quote:Also make sure to update the drivers for the video card as well as turn of any fancy features (optimizations) in the graphic cards settings or any type of accelerated window manager that could interfere with the game.
I think that my graphic drivers are up to date, I use the latest version of Ubuntu Distro, 10.4(.1)

Quote:Looking at the shots you are running the game on the lowest shader? That could be a cause maybe.
I think that I do. I attached the configuration file. ↑
But if textures are missing at low settings, it looks like a bug to me.
Indeed I could fix the missing textures by settings a little more performance-eating.
Thanks for your help so far! Smile
A packages which lies on the ground in front of a locker blocks the door. I have to remove it 'manually'. But it is possible to close the door moving the package in the right way. Is it possible the make the package being moved when the door is opened?
It is possible to jump on the burning oil barrel without taking any damage.
When I drop plates on a mattress, it breaks apart.
Idea how to fix it:

I assume that all 'soft' objects can be bent (mattress for example Wink ). So it might be possible to make a function that checks whether during a collision of two objects, one of them is fragile (glass bottles, plates etc.) and the other one is bendable (soft). It this is the case, the function prevents the fragile item from breaking. (just an idea, I'm not a coder...)
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 08:41 PM by Matthes.)
08-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Website Find
Matthes Offline

I just got a mail that there was something new posted to this thread (by malinhardly), but I can't see anything new. :|
08-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

It was just some spam!
08-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

...so the email was "spam" too. Tongue

08-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Website Find