Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

All Amnesia demo discussion HERE
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2
RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE

The mouse acceleration in the main menu is quite low and it doesn't change when I adjust the setting in the options. It probably affects the in-game movement only. But I can live with that. Smile

(09-03-2010, 04:41 PM)Scraper Wrote: What I mean, is that after you play the game for some time, and if there is nothing else than these, then this whole "darkness and insanity" thing isn't really scary anymore. Sad
Fully agree.
09-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Find
ZIGS Offline

Threads: 8

disregard this post
09-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Find
Akong Offline

Threads: 1

(09-03-2010, 04:52 PM)Scraper Wrote:
(09-03-2010, 04:47 PM)Akong Wrote: Seriously, am I the only one getting the upside/down effect?

And stealing my camera view, but I can live with that.

What is that effect?

Also, I think that "stealing" players view wasn't that good either.
Maybe it will give you every little scripted horror in the game, but then again, it annoys when you want to watch what was on the floor but the game tells you to watch some door.
It turns my camera view upside/down, first time when I enter the room with the note to myself, and then it appears more and more often, until I'm upside/down for the rest of the demo.
09-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Find
suibriel Offline

Threads: 3

(09-03-2010, 04:42 PM)ZIGS Wrote: suibriel, how did you turn off blur? I can't play it with that retarded effect (nor any game for that matter).

Options
Advanced
Visual Blur

I left Radial Blur on
09-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Find
tacc Offline

Threads: 5

Are there Spiders in the demo?
09-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(09-03-2010, 04:57 PM)Akong Wrote:
(09-03-2010, 04:52 PM)Scraper Wrote:
(09-03-2010, 04:47 PM)Akong Wrote: Seriously, am I the only one getting the upside/down effect?

And stealing my camera view, but I can live with that.

What is that effect?
It turns my camera view upside/down, first time when I enter the room with the note to myself, and then it appears more and more often, until I'm upside/down for the rest of the demo.

That is weird. O.o
Nope. It didn't happen for me. I think you should try posting that into technical support! Sounds like some bug or something...

(09-03-2010, 05:01 PM)tacc Wrote: Are there Spiders in the demo?

Nope, no spiders this time. Smile
But something else...

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2010, 05:05 PM by Yuhaney.)
09-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Website Find
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11

btw, i think i had a bug! Smile The floor where you hear steps from an other person you get down and your screen get blury, but if you crouch the whole floor and these scene begin, you can see whats under the floor! Wink Think its a clipping bug, only wanted to say that!
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Find
WereWolf Offline

Threads: 1

Alright, after playing the demo with 5.1 surround sound headphones, at a good sound level, in a pitch black room. I can safely say that I need a new pair a pants.

It worked well on my computer, had to disable SSAO, and that was it(6 year old computer.) The game ran fine, smooth. Can't complain, the blurring and some of the effects made me feel all the more immerse in the game. The texturing and gameplay had me drowning for more, I wish there were more to say.

There is! The voicing in the game is phenomenal, the sound effects were brilliantly done, the water and creepy foot steps near you or in the next room as they walked on cold stones. The transition of effects were mixed, but I can't complain. As I got near the end of the demo I felt my heart throbbing, then I got to
Spoiler below!
Water part
and I literally felt my heart drop.

Final thoughts:

Heart throbbing, intense, a MUST buy.

Gosh darn, this account is really that old?

jeez, lmao.

[Image: 2dqsolv.jpg]
09-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

The water part was hard, I died 5+ times Sad

Also, if you turn the gamma to anything under 1, the game becomes literally unplayable. Couldn't see anything in the water section the first time!

LOVE how the door swings open in the first part! Smile
You really need to explore anything, missed a few rooms on my first playthrough :O

I have to say it didn't scare me as much as Penumbra, but that's likely because I now am an experienced horror player, before Penumbra, I wasn't..

Made a vid of my2nd playthrough with FRAPS, currently processing in VirtualDub. Shall I upload it?
I made some weird decisions in the last room in the cellar (the one with the body parts) because I somehow managed to trap the monster in the way to the exit door to the final room of the game.. Died because I didn't knew what to do next and let it out Big Grin
09-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Find
suibriel Offline

Threads: 3

Sorry, how the hell did you die 5+ times?

Just jump on a box...?

Also as for not being as scary as Penumbra, I agree. Probably due to a few factors;

- the player character reacting and auto-looking. It seems like, if something was scary, the character would react first, so you sort of use him as a guide for if you should be scared or not. And it's sort of awkward if something is BOO scary, and then you both gasp. Not sure.

- The atmosphere was condensed due to the demo. A blog talks about how they cut lots of content to fit in a demo - I'm sure it'll be much more tense later on.

- And yeah like you said, we know the mechanics of Penumbra already. We know what happens if we die. We know what happens if we're spotted. I think half my fear in Penumbra was never having any contact with enemies until like half way through the game. Once I realized the world doesn't explode when I die, it took a lot of tension off. Still - they can be around any corner!
09-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Find