Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your plans when the Level Editor is released
Amnesia Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Your plans when the Level Editor is released

(09-09-2010, 05:36 AM)-[Badger]- Wrote: RE1 as more of a survival horror would be great. but really did you have to pick that pic.
[Image: resident-evil-mansion.jpg]
Find it for Gamecube and play it on your Wii. Zero,one, and four are phenomonal on the NGC.

holy cow... what a difference!! well I didn't know about that version, I played the Playstation one sooo Tongue That gamecube version looks gorgeous :O
09-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Find
Gare Offline

Threads: 0

Badger was faster than me, I was just about to post that pic. The way it looked in the remake was just perfect. You owe it to yourself to get a Gamecube and play it.
09-09-2010, 05:40 AM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12

My plans are to join a team to make a custom story or possibly a mod. I am a novice at modeling, I have only been teaching myself for about a month, but I can produce some decent stuff. So with that being said I plan to do both level design and modeling. I quite like the idea of remaking the RE1 (gamecube version) mansion, would be challenging as there would be plenty of new objects to be modeled/ UVM mapped and many other things. The finished package would be a nostalgic trip for any RE fan, and im sure that could help generate additional interest for FG. I wonder if we could port in Penumbra enemies, such as the dog?

If anyone is interested in getting together please PM me and we can start to work out something. Here is something I did not to long ago using 3DS max.
[Image: Gunrender223.jpg]
[Image: TurretWIP-1.png]
09-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Find
Amnesia Offline

Threads: 2

(09-09-2010, 05:46 AM)PerfectBlue Wrote: My plans are to join a team to make a custom story or possibly a mod. I am a novice at modeling, I have only been teaching myself for about a month, but I can produce some decent stuff. So with that being said I plan to do both level design and modeling.

If anyone is interested in getting together please PM me and we can start to work out something. Here is something I did not to long ago using 3DS max.
[Image: Gunrender223.jpg]
[Image: TurretWIP-1.png]

im interested. I know basic things in modeling.
09-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-09-2010, 05:46 AM)PerfectBlue Wrote: I am a novice at modeling, I have only been teaching myself for about a month

You did that after just a month?

Anyways, I have some real shit planned for a Custom Story... Can't wait to get my hands on the Level Editor. Good thing it's extremely simple, as I'm a programmer, and level editing is not what I've been doing the most Tongue

[Image: 16455.png]
09-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12

(09-09-2010, 07:22 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: You did that after just a month?

Yes, one month of hard work. Currently I am taking a 2 week hiatus or so to resolve some medical issues, and then I will be going back into modeling again.
09-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Find
runyonqve Offline

Threads: 0

I am going to try an re-create the RE1 Remake mansion. Of course it won't have zombies, but I'll try and make it like Amnesia's stealth gameplay. Though I might have one problem and that is designing outdoor areas. I'm not sure if the toolkit will allow you to design outdoor areas. E.g. the pathway between the mansion and the cabin.
09-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Find
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5

Not sure what the limitations of the engine are, or what volume of open space it will tolerate, but I do plan to play around with the tools a great deal. Especially with how well made an intuitive the tools look to be.

I can't express enough how impressed I am that not only is the game available on Windows, MacOS, and Linux, but the tools will be as well. I wouldn't even expect a single-player game like this to have a toolset publicly available, nevermind it being multiplatform. It really is spectacular.
09-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Find
Chopper Offline

Threads: 3

An self respecting gamer would have to choose RE1. When I think of mansions I the of that game. RE1 on PSx scared me and its Gamecube remake I pooed my pants. The dialogue in the game was epic. To this day when I pop in the original RE1 I act along with the opening scene. I guess I am just wierd like that.

[Image: chopper.jpg]
09-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Find
C-zom Offline

Threads: 3

I'm too busy working on my crysis horror mod The Worry of Newport to look ahead to the Amnesia level editor. Perhaps when I release my mod I will turn my eyes to the Amnesia HPL editor to craft miniature stories, like game versions of flash fiction, taken directly from the dozens of stories I've written.

Who knows? I have an honest outlook. If I switch to Amnesia, I'll be doing honest and original projects, but I don't fancy abandoning The Worry of Newport, and I don't fancy learning a new level editor.

09-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Find