Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Black Forest Castle V2.1 (micro update!)
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Black Forest Castle (WIP)

(03-15-2011, 09:22 AM)Dark Knight Wrote:
(03-15-2011, 05:37 AM)theDARKW0LF Wrote: Version 2 will be uploaded tomorrow!
is that will be Full release of Black forest map? or principally new map - v.2?

ok , awaiting for 16 march!

It is still a work in progress, as from another one of my posts, "I still haven't figured how to end it for good, so it'll likely be more of a cliff-hanger deal." Studies really cut into your mapping time.

It'll be up soon, I'm just ironing out some scripts and level designs.

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
03-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13
RE: [WIP] Black Forest Castle V2 (Uploading Tomorrow)

That's a great news, dude! In my opinion, BlackForestCastle is the best custom story so far.:]
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

RE: [WIP] Black Forest Castle V2 (Uploading Tomorrow)

(03-15-2011, 09:26 PM)Fomzo Wrote: That's a great news, dude! In my opinion, BlackForestCastle is the best custom story so far.:]

Glad you liked it! I've just uploaded the new version for you guys to play through. Let me know what you think!

03-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Black Forest Castle V2 (Now Available)

Okay, I played it. Sort of.

The first monster was really buggy and I had to sit in the cupboard for 5 minutes, only to realise he was spinning in circles on the spot. I then had to get to an unreachable spot and try and lead the monster to the door in order for him to break it.

When I entered the building after you leave the castle for the first time, I was a little annoyed to see my sanity set to 0, and me gasping on the floor because of some wind blowing inside. My sanity was at 'a slight headache', as I had been trying to keep it high, and my efforts felt pointless when this happened Tongue

Finally, the monster that came out the cupboard, I ninja jumped off the edge of the stairs and hid under the stairs. Again, the monster kept spinning in cirlces on the same spot. After my sanity dropping and crawling on the floor several times, I had to lead the monster downstairs, to which it wouldn't go away, since it could still see me, and I was pinned under the stairs. I had to throw something at it, just so I could go upstairs and hide.

Finally, the monster broke the door. I waited a few moments, then approached the door, and the monster sprinted full charge at me. My sanity dropped again and I was crawling on the floor and died.

THEN, I realised that you hadn't set a checkpoint, as I found myself in my bed where I started the demo and I couldn't go through the door that you locked behind the player, so I was stuck.

Besides a few annoyances, it was really fun, you should probably fix those things though... Undecided

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 05:13 PM by Nye.)
03-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(03-17-2011, 05:12 PM)Nye Wrote: THEN, I realised that you hadn't set a checkpoint, as I found myself in my bed where I started the demo and I couldn't go through the door that you locked behind the player, so I was stuck.

Yeah, first monster in wine cellar little buggy and i cant get out of here without dying.....

anyway, GREAT map!
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 10:14 PM by Dark Knight.)
03-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Thanks for the feedback guys, I also experienced the monster turning in circles in one spot, though after changes I thought I had fixed it since it didn't happen to me again. I've done very extensive tests to assure that bugs and glitches would not be present. I'm fixing the grunt issues now and am also lessening the amount of sanity damage certain events give you.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love for you to try it again once I upload the fixed version so I can see whether you find those issues still present or not? Thanks.

03-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(03-17-2011, 11:12 PM)theDARKW0LF Wrote: Thanks for the feedback guys, I also experienced the monster turning in circles in one spot, though after changes I thought I had fixed it since it didn't happen to me again. I've done very extensive tests to assure that bugs and glitches would not be present. I'm fixing the grunt issues now and am also lessening the amount of sanity damage certain events give you.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love for you to try it again once I upload the fixed version so I can see whether you find those issues still present or not? Thanks.

No problem! Sorry, I was in a cynical mood when I wrote that huge block of criticism. It's really really good, and if you have fixed the bugs, it is no doubt one of the best custom stories out there! Big Grin

03-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

(03-17-2011, 11:42 PM)Nye Wrote:
(03-17-2011, 11:12 PM)theDARKW0LF Wrote: Thanks for the feedback guys, I also experienced the monster turning in circles in one spot, though after changes I thought I had fixed it since it didn't happen to me again. I've done very extensive tests to assure that bugs and glitches would not be present. I'm fixing the grunt issues now and am also lessening the amount of sanity damage certain events give you.

No problem! Sorry, I was in a cynical mood when I wrote that huge block of criticism. It's really really good, and if you have fixed the bugs, it is no doubt one of the best custom stories out there! Big Grin

Oh it's all good man. I just uploaded the fixed version - hopefully it is fixed now. Apparently the monster was trying to access a pathnode that was directly below him before the ones he needed to use to get down the staircase, don't know why he tried to do that... So anyways, whenever you're able, check it out and let me know how it goes! Thanks!

03-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

theDARKW0LF
mannn, latest version make me LAUGH! hehe

thats fucking buggy monster in the forest, he"s foolish and dont disappers, and make some great FUN

[Image: 87973920.th.jpg]
[Image: 93334740.th.jpg]

Beach"y head!Big Grin

just watch the short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSwwmoEZ0ZI

i was laughing at night on my pc, so my wife was scared of me, hehehe Big GrinDD

anyway, only way to pass through him -it die from his hand!

so what for that crowbar?
[Image: 84305941.th.jpg]

p/s/ again that bastard, heh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QesjMrxCRUo
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2011, 12:18 AM by Dark Knight.)
03-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Ok so I'm not sure what you meant with your post, other than the video of him glitched on the stairs. The crowbar is for a door further on, looks like you didn't get there yet. That glitch you posted in the first vid is not supposed to happen. I had an area that made
Spoiler below!
him disappear once you ascended those stairs, so I must have disabled it when I was changing the area earlier.
It should be fixed now, as I just uploaded another update... Smile

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2011, 12:29 AM by theDARKW0LF.)
03-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Find