Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
here4uallday Offline

Threads: 5
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

Storage and the Archives make me have heart attacks each time I enter them. Sad Don't like those levels.

Watch my LPs:
http://www.youtube.com/user/here4uallday1?feature=mhee

Need a voice actor? PM me.

Need a proofreader? PM me.
01-02-2012, 01:50 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

The Storage, Both Water Monster parts, Prison, Choir, that one part in the Cistern...

So long story short, the entire f*cking game!

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-02-2012, 02:51 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

The Cistern and the part where you crawl out of the tunnels into a dark hallway. There's a staircase with a grunt at the top. I had a heart attack...

I actually want to go back and play it again. I forget a lot of it, and I miss it =[
01-02-2012, 03:06 AM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

Agrippa.
I know that sounds dumb but once he started talking I freaked out and kept yelling "WHAT EVEN IS THAT THING?" Even when he asked Daniel to hit the switch, I started making rude remarks like "Dude, where's your jaw?" "SERIOUSLY, YOU'RE SCARY." But that's just me. :>

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
01-02-2012, 03:14 AM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

Every dark place where's monsters. Thus my favourites are Archives, Wine Cellar, Refinery, Cellar Archives, Guest Room, Storage, Prison, Morgue, Sewer, Choir and Chancel.

Guest Room gave me one of the biggest heart attacks since there was no place to hide or run and it had given such a safe feeling at first. If I hadn't seen Amnesia's trailer where it's shown you can hide in closets I don't even want to think what would've happened. XD

Prison was probably the worst (read: best) place since it was so large, long and dark. When I entered the prison for the first time I was cursing myself for not saving enough tinderboxes. After the first blind playthrough I've started to save them especially for prisons so there's fire in almost every torch at the end. It's still too spooky if it's dark although I know what happens there. Big Grin I love how it's such a huge labyrinth with monsters spawning almost around every corner.

Though I have to say that although my faves are all the nasty places they wouldn't feel nearly as bad as they are if there wasn't those more safe and peaceful places here and there between them. If there was just darkness and monsters all the time it might become somewhat tiresome and/or you'd eventually get used to it.

Imo probably the worst feeling in Amnesia was to leave a safe spot and enter the darkness again.

~
01-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Website Find
thetury455 Offline

Threads: 10

the whole damn game was scarey... but the one that made me scream like a little girl and tell my self to '' goo go!! jump!!'' was the water monster part... i still have nightmares about it..
01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Archives

Prison

Choir

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
01-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

(01-02-2012, 09:34 AM)Carrna Wrote: Every dark place where's monsters. Thus my favourites are Archives, Wine Cellar, Refinery, Cellar Archives, Guest Room, Storage, Prison, Morgue, Sewer, Choir and Chancel.
That's a lot of favourites lol.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
01-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

(01-02-2012, 06:10 PM)BlueFury Wrote: That's a lot of favourites lol.
Haha, well... If I had to name just one, it'd be the prisons. Absolutely. Tongue

~
01-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Website Find
here4uallday Offline

Threads: 5

Actually to be honest, when I first saw Agrippa I was like 'Now I know your gonna jump out at me as soon as I pull the switch.' I still did it...

Watch my LPs:
http://www.youtube.com/user/here4uallday1?feature=mhee

Need a voice actor? PM me.

Need a proofreader? PM me.
01-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Website Find