Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change enemy settings
Stangi Offline

Threads: 3
Change enemy settings

How would you change some of the monsters settings (e.g. spawn sound and music) AND at the same time have all the new files in the custom story folder?

If I copy the original servant_grunt folder, change the file names to servant_grunt_2, and just let it stay in the original enemy folder, it is easy to edit the .ent file, and then place a servant_grunt_2 out in the editor. But that wouldn't work if the story was to be shared on the internet, since the new enemy is in the original enemy folder.
If I move the servant_grunt_2 folder in my custom story folder, I can't select it in the editor. How can I have the enemy folder in my custom story folder and still make it work Huh
10-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Change enemy settings

Just put the .ent file in there too with a .nfo telling the player to copy&paste it into the right redist folder so he has the same .ent file you have.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
10-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Find
Stangi Offline

Well, yeah, that's an option.
I guess I have to do it like that for now. Thanks Smile
10-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Just copy the modified .ent file to your custom story folder under the same subfolders it's in in the redist folder. No need to copy anything else like textures or meshes.

For example, in my custom story I wanted a padlock that was a loose object. So I just edited redist\entities\gameplay\padlock_rusty\padlock.ent and saved it as padlock_object.ent. Then I just copied that to redist\custom_stories\MyMap\entities\gameplay\padlock_rusty\padlock_object.ent.
10-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Find
Stangi Offline

Quote:Just copy the modified .ent file to your custom story folder under the same subfolders it's in in the redist folder. No need to copy anything else like textures or meshes.

Hmmm... That doesn't work for me. Are you sure it works with enemies? If I place the servant_grunt_2.ent in the correct subfolders in my custom story folder, the grunt stops spawning. It only works when the servant_grunt_2.ent file is in the original folder. Any thoughts on this?

Anyhow, thanks for the helpful tips that at least works with other objects. Smile
10-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Hmm, no I haven't tried it with enemies. Perhaps that doesn't work then.
10-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Find