Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Just one small gripe...
Evil_Muska Offline

Threads: 2
Just one small gripe...

I noticed how signifigantly shorter this demo is compared to the original tech demo. I have to say it was a big let-down.
I was expecting to face many more challenges than the handful there were. Not to say the demo wasn't impressive, and that it wasn't much better both visually and control-wise, it's just that it left me staring at the screen and muttering "That was it?"
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Just one small gripe...

ya, it was alittle letdown, but if you look at that map on the outside, it looks like your about to get ready to run alot of errands at once, and woudn't be really fun to cut you off right in the middle of them.

But the biggest letdown for me was the outside, I thought it would be these long maze-like structers with a few puzzles (board+wall for some basic training) to get to the end.

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
03-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Website Find
DukeIt Offline

Threads: 2

Personally i really didn't mind it being so short. It means i'll get more for my money when i pay for it you know?
03-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Find
ShadowXOR Offline

Threads: 6

I was disappointed in how short the demo was as well.

However, I see why they did it. I played enough to know that I wanted the game, and since they are releasing the game in three episodes, each episode is much shorter by itself than a full-length game. If the demo was too long it would cut into a much more significant portion of the game than a longer demo would for a full-length game like Half-Life 2. However I do think it was a mistake for the team to not include one REAL combat situation. That is a significant part of the game (even if it isn't the focus) and if people can't see that they may not buy it. A big mistake there in my opinion.
03-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Website Find