Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possible to make sanity only work for enemys
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
Rainbow  Possible to make sanity only work for enemys

As in, the only time your sanity goes down is if you look at a enemy, or are being chased by a enemy. Basically anything to do with the presence of a enemy, your sanity takes a hit. And disabling that darkness crap.

If it IS possible (I doubt this would be a level script) is it possible to keep it to the custom stories itself, without having to mod the game. Like putting it in the custom_stories folder?

i spam meme 4 raeg
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2011, 08:53 PM by Shev.)
01-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Possible to make sanity only work for enemys

I don't think so. This is very possible if you do a full conversion mod. You just have to edit the cfg files and make the sanity hit from darkness 0 Tongue

01-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Alright, I dug into that a bit.

Right now, I was looking at the tutorials and created a config named "custom_story_settings" in the story folder for my custom story, with all the info for the story and crap. And that works.

The thing is though I added a line
<ConfigFiles
    Game = "custom_stories/MyStory/Configs/game.cfg"
/>
and went into my game.cfg (I copied the original and put it in that folder) and changed the sanitylosspersecond line
<Player_Darkness
// buncha codes
SanityLossPerSecond = "0"
// buncha codes
>

However I don't think it worked, because I left my computer afk and came back and my sanity was dangerously low (tested it by letting my guy sit in the dark)

Also it doesn't seem to disable your screen slowly moving in and out (which is kinda annoying) so is it possible to disable that one?

i spam meme 4 raeg
01-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

hm... I think there are more things to take care of than that... Also I believe there are cfg files in your profile folder in my documents that the game runs on (I think) Try making a new profile.

01-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Find
Shev Offline

(01-15-2011, 02:39 AM)xiphirx Wrote: hm... I think there are more things to take care of than that... Also I believe there are cfg files in your profile folder in my documents that the game runs on (I think) Try making a new profile.

I got it to work actually. I don't know what was wrong the first time, I just created a new .cfg file, copypasta'd my code in and it works. Just needa get rid of that damn screen going in and out and in and out and in and out, and playing the little noise in the background.

i spam meme 4 raeg
01-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

I think the zooming in and out is also in cfg files, have fun hunting for them Tongue

01-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Oh joy :|

Anyone know where the scripts for the enemy AI is located by any chance?

i spam meme 4 raeg
01-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Enemy AI is hardcoded except some basic settings that you can change if you edit the enemy in Model Editor and going to Settings > User defined variables. That's it as far as I know.
01-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Find
Rurikkur Offline

Threads: 0

If I wanted to have altered shader-files in my mod, would the process differ from this one?
01-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Find
Shev Offline

You know what I've come back to this project, and am just going to scrap sanity for it all together. Is there like a way to disable it completely (screen moving and all?)

i spam meme 4 raeg
03-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Find