Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 38 Vote(s) - 3.95 Average
Amnesia: An Unexpected Arrival [RELEASE] - v1.04
Raymond Offline

Threads: 24
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - A New Custom Story - Demo [+ Video]

Nice screenshots Smile.

One World To Another [DEMO] coming soon.
03-19-2011, 03:37 AM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(03-19-2011, 03:37 AM)Raymond Wrote: Nice screenshots Smile.

Thanks, I've been paying a LOT of attention to detail. Hopefully *fingers crossed*, you shouldn't experience any bugs whatsoever when you play the final release Smile

03-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Find
Leu Radu Offline

Threads: 1

You are merciless... and I like it. The Demo was too intense, I didn't not expect such a strong start. It shows your great potential. The mood is set perfectly by that dreadful music at the beginning. I see some good scripting work there. I'm quite curious of what you will conjure up in the final story!

There are some minor details that did not fit (besides the ones already discussed). I was able to see the monster spawn, appearing out of thin air. I believe you intend the player to enter the room, but I lingered outside, curios about the glass bottle and where it came from. Also, in the flooded hall, the water pouring out of the fountain has a sharp angle that looks totally unrealistic.

I believe the story is close to being finished, isn't it? I would gladly offer help in testing it, should you need it.
03-31-2011, 11:44 PM
Find
Nye Offline

(03-31-2011, 11:44 PM)Leu Radu Wrote: You are merciless... and I like it. The Demo was too intense, I didn't not expect such a strong start. It shows your great potential. The mood is set perfectly by that dreadful music at the beginning. I see some good scripting work there. I'm quite curious of what you will conjure up in the final story!

There are some minor details that did not fit (besides the ones already discussed). I was able to see the monster spawn, appearing out of thin air. I believe you intend the player to enter the room, but I lingered outside, curios about the glass bottle and where it came from. Also, in the flooded hall, the water pouring out of the fountain has a sharp angle that looks totally unrealistic.

I believe the story is close to being finished, isn't it? I would gladly offer help in testing it, should you need it.

Thanks for the feedback, I have fixed the monster spawn and the fountain (amongst lots of other things!) I'm still playing around with the idea of having voice acting. Add my MSN: joenye@hotmail.co.uk if you would like to test the final story Smile

04-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

Tsk tsk, I already told you about the fountain! :>

04-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Find
Nye Offline

(04-02-2011, 01:11 AM)Pandemoneus Wrote: Tsk tsk, I already told you about the fountain! :>

HEY! I fixed the fountain as soon as you told me about it Tongue

I haven't updated this demo for over a month Wink

04-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

Great custom story, Nye! My only gripe is how many times you forced me to look at something. I'd prefer a little more freedom in that area. Other than that, it was really good!

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
04-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Err... Is it supposed to crash right after you climb the ladder and go into the big hall filled with water? I crash every time I try to open the door

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
04-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(04-08-2011, 11:00 AM)KenOfAllTrades Wrote: Err... Is it supposed to crash right after you climb the ladder and go into the big hall filled with water? I crash every time I try to open the door

Yes it is, that is the end of the demo.

I shall now put on my sunglasses emoticon. Cool

04-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

(04-08-2011, 12:57 PM)Cryaotic Wrote:
(04-08-2011, 11:00 AM)KenOfAllTrades Wrote: Err... Is it supposed to crash right after you climb the ladder and go into the big hall filled with water? I crash every time I try to open the door

Yes it is, that is the end of the demo.

I shall now put on my sunglasses emoticon. Cool

Cool...

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
04-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Find