Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.18 Average
Belphegor [On hold - 2nd Demo out!] (Video is up!)
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Belphegor [Wip - 2nd Demo out!] (Video requested)

Spoiler below!
I'm currently at the parts where you have to assemble pieces of Good, and I REALLY like your idea of magic and everything in this story. The puzzles in the path of mending REALLY blew me away! But, for the love of THOR, PLEASE crank down the difficulty! I died against every single monster in the path of mending, and to lock me in rooms if I lose against earlier monsters is just cruel!

I really like the atmosphere but still, I'd love it if you don't make the game so unforgiving

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
04-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

KenOfAllTrades:
Oh, um the earlier part with locking in rooms etc. is not me being cruel, just that I wanted some "fixed encounters" with monsters. Therefore throughout my map, you have to load from the latest autosave, except on the occasion of doing the ritual of mending, seeing etc.

Did you move around carefully? Big Grin As I've made the map I know exactly what I have to change if I see something wrong/an issue when a user plays, but as I can't see what part of the scripting/pathing etc. make it hard for you it's hard to know what to change.

And, I'll consider even removing enemies if other users may verify that the encounters with grunts are too hard.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

04-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

The grunts were fine with me, but I died to every brute except one. On a side note, FINALLY THE BRUTE IS GETTING SOME LOVE! Tongue
04-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Threads: 2

Spoiler below!
I'm a bit further now, I just got the essence of suffering but I'm not sure where to use it. Also, in the room with the oil and the closet bursting open with the dead guy, the first time I was there I hid on one side of the closet and the brute saw me because I couldn't close it all the way. Second time around I hid on the other side. Brute didn't see me but he got stuck in a corner on his way out! I snuck past him and managed to get out though

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
04-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

KenOfAllTrades:
Spoiler below!
Almost home Ken. There is a note in the room where you open the door to the "machine room" on the upper (darker) part of the map complaining about cracks in the floor prior to the torture room. Go to the room prior to the torture room. Remove some barrels and look at the floor. Use the essence there.

Post what you thought! Smile

Edit: Ghostflame:
I personally think the brute has a scarier soundset and scarier music. Start out with some meekly grunts, then upgrade to the brutes!

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2011, 11:38 PM by Acies.)
04-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

Yeah I hear ya man, the brute scared the bejesus out of me compared to the grunt.
04-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Find
genmills Offline

Threads: 7

Edit: figured out the first part where I was stuck. Now I'm stuck again. Maybe I'm just too tired. Tongue

I am in the library and have the words to levitate. However, the only place I can get to when it launches me up is on the bookshelves. I don't find anything there, and I can't jump to anywhere else. Help? Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 07:29 AM by genmills.)
04-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Continue on the bookshelves, there is a hole in the wall which you may jump up to Smile

04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Find
genmills Offline

Threads: 7

(04-19-2011, 07:14 PM)Acies Wrote: Continue on the bookshelves, there is a hole in the wall which you may jump up to Smile

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't see that. It was like the "invisible" bridge from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade! Smile
04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

(04-19-2011, 09:58 PM)genmills Wrote:
(04-19-2011, 07:14 PM)Acies Wrote: Continue on the bookshelves, there is a hole in the wall which you may jump up to Smile

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't see that. It was like the "invisible" bridge from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade! Smile

haha, the simplest solutions often hide in plain sight.

I am looking for someone else to continue working with me on this project. I have some grand ideas for the rest of the story which I would happily share upon interest. This person should be somewhat oriented with mapmaking & scripting. You will be free to use all the creativity you like (with some boundaries, errh). If you find this interesting or have any questions you can respond in the thread.

04-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Find