Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you make a custom story if it was easier to learn to make one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. Yes. YES!!!111! :3
70.31%
45 70.31%
Yeah, that sounds good.
20.31%
13 20.31%
Meh, I don't really care.
3.13%
2 3.13%
Not really, I guess it would be cool though.
4.69%
3 4.69%
STFU, that is a dumb idea.
1.56%
1 1.56%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]
Malera Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]

It's a great idea Nye, I've had ideas about making one myself, but never really got to know the tools and scripting and what not. Smile

-Mal
02-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Find
Sharkhead Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]

Yesss maaan, i'm very good making ideas about scaries effects...

I have a bad english but i think you guys understand me xD

and yes, i'm not so good about making custom stories and about ALL OF THAT scripts things... i voted YES YES YES because i really and to leran more about the tool
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2011, 01:32 PM by Sharkhead.)
02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Find
Mervin Offline

Threads: 0

I would love to learn how to map and script things.
02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

(02-26-2011, 12:18 AM)Nye Wrote: I'm just wondering; because there are not enough custom stories, given how powerful and relatively easy-to-use the mod tools provided by Frictional Games are.

I would be happy to write/help to write and maintain a thread with detailed how-to's on scripting and using the level editor and anything that answers questions people have, if I feel that there are people out there that want to make some cool stuff, but don't know how.

So, if you feel you are one of those types of people, let me know on this thread Smile

I'd help you if you wanted me to.

02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(02-27-2011, 06:17 PM)Pandemoneus Wrote:
(02-26-2011, 12:18 AM)Nye Wrote: I'm just wondering; because there are not enough custom stories, given how powerful and relatively easy-to-use the mod tools provided by Frictional Games are.

I would be happy to write/help to write and maintain a thread with detailed how-to's on scripting and using the level editor and anything that answers questions people have, if I feel that there are people out there that want to make some cool stuff, but don't know how.

So, if you feel you are one of those types of people, let me know on this thread Smile

I'd help you if you wanted me to.

Add my MSN (in my signature) Smile

02-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

I'm not the best at scripting but I am really enjoying learning everything that is possible and getting the hang of it. If you are making a guide I would love to contribute some things that I have learned making my map.

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
02-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Find
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19

should make a topic about ;

Scripting,
how to make trigger and find handy solutions for stuff. People could learn from other members problems and to put them in your own script Tongue

Level Editor,
How to get a more scary sphere, how to let things look cooler. Tips about light, PS and billboards.

Customize Models/Entity's,
How the Joint's work. How to get the Shapes to work. What are child and parent body's. How to get different moves of a Joint Object.

Create Models/Entity's,

Maybe a tut. about how to import .dae files. How the .dds and .matt works, what purpose are they for. Tips for maya,blender and 3D Max.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just some things i have some trouble whith too Tongue
03-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Hello there guys. I am new in the crew and this is my first post. Well, I'm going to make a reeeeeealy HUGE map using HPL2 Engine and I don't care how difficult it will be. In scripting and editing I'm a complete rookie, but I'll learn to get it straight. The hardest the thing is, the greater joy you fell after it's finished. Smile Good luck with map editing!
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

And speaking of making huge map, I hope that there are no space limits in HPL2, are there?
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2011, 06:19 PM by Fomzo.)
03-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

(03-01-2011, 06:18 PM)Fomzo Wrote: And speaking of making huge map, I hope that there are no space limits in HPL2, are there?

As far as I can remember, Jens (one of the devs) said no.
But it's up to you how long you want the player to wait to load your map, keep that in mind. You might find it pretty annoying aswell when you test your map and it takes ages to load.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2011, 09:45 PM by Pandemoneus.)
03-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Find