Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappearing Map
Zuul Offline

Threads: 1
Question  Disappearing Map

I was working on a map last night, and saved it in the map folder of my custom story. It loads up fine in Amnesia, however I can't see it in the actual map folder when I open explorer and navigate to the folder. Last night I was able to see it in my map folder only in my level editor, and thought nothing of it because it didn't really see like an issue. When I open the level editor now and navigate to the correct folder (It's definately the correct folder), I can't see the map file. It still loads fine when I load the custom story in Amnesia, but not being able to access it for further editing is definately a problem. Does anyone know why this happens, or a possible solution?
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit.

Thanks in advance.
03-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19
RE: Disappearing Map

Have you tried doing a system wide search for the file?

EOF
03-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Find
Zuul Offline

Threads: 1

Just did, found it in
C:\Users\JollyMadman\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories\FillerName\maps

Rather confused. I didn't save the map here, I made sure to save it in the actual Amnesia folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories\FillerName\maps)
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 02:00 AM by Zuul.)
03-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

I think it saves in the place you first saved it in.
Try opening the map and saving it a with a different name to your maps folder and see how that goes.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
03-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Find