Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)
OptimusMX Offline

Threads: 1
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)

(03-08-2011, 07:20 AM)eiahmon Wrote: While playing the game, did you...

... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by? No I chant Jesus Christ and start to shake.

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter? No.

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking? After my first Justine run but during the main storyline, I just find a good stopping point. Though the prison made me stop so I won't have a heart attack.

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster? Water Monster

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you? I do not regret it.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side? Was not a question of might, was a question of he he gone.

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn? On too many occasions. I take precautions for that now.

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear? Yes.

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there? During the Justine run I did.

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it? Happened in the Prison, was also my only death in it.

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen? No, that was my friend when she did.

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall? Was my friend.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid? That was a silly moment I had...

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot? Morgue....

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around? Still on First playthrough.

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun? Water Part Big Grin

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south? I started screaming Tits are going up, TITS ARE GOING UP and frantically tried the lever.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD) I may not be fluent in Spanish but I can still cuss people out in it.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"? Yup.

(If you played Penumbra: Overture first...)
... walk into the Refinery and think: "This isn't the Refinery."? I need to play Penumbra.

12-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

While playing the game, did you...

... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by?
No, but I thought "Oh f***!" and started to desperately search for a hiding spot.

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?
No, but I still find it funny that some of my friends who are adult men and they're too scared to play it. Since I'm probably one of the smallest and most timid women on Earth and I can still play it.

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?
Many times. And I couldn't do any Amnesia marathons like I do with other games: play for several hours and lose the track of time. With Amnesia I had to keep breaks about every 30th minutes. :'D

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster?
Kaernk managed to kill me more than once since I kept noobing with the wheel and ran out of meat.

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?
Definitely not. I would've hugged him if those spikes weren't in a way. I was so happy to meet someone who wasn't trying to kill me.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?
I didn't leave any doors shut because of this, but I was quite careful with them. I opened them slowly while standing behind the door, peeked into the new room before going in and always closing doors behind me.

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?
I didn't realise this when I played for the first time, but nowadays while playing custom stories I search a hiding spot before picking any special items up.

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear?
Only once if I remember correct. That was while playing the demo and I was trying to save oil too much.

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?
Never.

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it?
Once in the dungeons (grunt) and once in the sewers (brute). I was trying to distract the brute away from the door and I'm still not sure what happened, but he was suddenly standing in front of me. I probably walked too close while throwing the rock. He was such a ninja. And the chase was short.

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen?
Never.

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?
Nope.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?
At first I put my hand in there and after that I haven't touched it. Later I saw in some let's play video how someone put pig corpses etc. in there. That was hilarious. :'D

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?
I'm very proud of this but this never happened. I'm so pro at hiding. Cool

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your
unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time
around?

Yeah, sadly. It's not scary anymore, although I still love the characters, enemies and the twisted story.

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?
Nope. I was so obsessed to find out what happened that I just wanted to go forward.

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south?
I tried to pull the lever a couple of times but when it didn't help I was just hugging the elevator wall with a face like o_O and thinking "Ohshitohshitohshit."

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined
the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than
one language. XD)

Hell yes. Back hall was the most beautiful place in Amnesia and the bastard ruined it.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made
your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face
along the floor!"?
This never happened to me. I was running like a little rabbit when it appeared and my sanity situation was surprisingly good most of the time.

~
12-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Website Find
SierenH Offline

Threads: 2

Someone said there are some "custom maps", but I can not find them...can someone help me? It also says there is nothing in the "custom games" section
I also was wondering,,,will there be a second Amnesia game? I LOVE this game soo much...but its sooo short
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011, 09:34 PM by SierenH.)
12-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Find
brute360 Offline

Nope.

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?
Nah.

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?
Yes, in the storage.

Yeah. Because i was playing around with the monsters.

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?
Yes.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?
No.

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?
No.

Yes.

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?
Yes, in the refinery.

Yeah.

Yep.

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?
Many times.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?
I spent about 5 minutes.

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?
No.

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around?
Yes.

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?
No.

No.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)
No.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"?
No.

... walk into the Refinery and think: "This isn't the Refinery."?
No.
04-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Spoiler below!
. scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by? Only Once

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter? Nope. I was clear to my friends when they asked about it - I found it truly terrifying, is what I said.

.....Yes....

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster? Nope

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you? No, I liked Agrippa Big Grin

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side? In the Prison. *shudders*

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn? Actually, no. I picked up everything as soon as I saw it. If my brain hadn't been ffked up by fear, I would probably think that.

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear? In the Prison a couple times. Turns out, the monster had disappeared and I hadn't realized.

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there? See Above :3

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it? Yes in the Prison when after you retrieved the rods and are going up the stairs to leave. I thought it was behind me. Biiig mistake!

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen? Yes. I thought it would be funny.

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall? I didn't laugh, I just said "Oh. Note to self, I CAN die from falling off"

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid? As my brain wasn't working, I never tried.

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot? Yes

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your
unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time
around? Actually, yeah. The second time, I noticed MANY MANY things I didn't on my first play through.

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun? The Storage, pretty much so I could get my friends to play it.

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south? Yeah, I was trying to pull the switch up and down and up and down but nothing was working!

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined
the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than
one language. XD) Yep. I blatantly said "Fu*k you!"

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made
your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face
along the floor!"? In the end before the Inner Sanctum is the time this happened, but no, I didn't curse it a second time.

... walk into the Refinery and think: "This isn't the Refinery."? I played the Penumbra's afterwards, so NOPE.avi

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012, 05:59 PM by RawkBandMan.)
04-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Find
JMN Offline

Spoiler below!
... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by? No, I'm a really quiet player - as if my own screaming would alert the monsters. My typical reaction to a scare or an unexpected monster is to completely freeze and let my mind catch up with my pulse rate.

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter? No, whenever I mention Amnesia among friends, there are knowing looks from those that have played it, and skeptical looks from those that haven't - surely a game can't be that scary? I'll let them find out the hard way Tongue

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking? Yup - in the morgue, after being vaccinated. When I realised that having drilled a hole in someone's skull and injected blood from inside of said skull into myself I would then have to hide in a room filled with naked rotting corpses from a monster that has its head split down the middle and with a f*cking huge blade for an arm I called it quits.

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster? Hell yeah - waterlurkers like me too much.

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you? It was kind of a relief to find someone so talkative - and who didn't talk to me just to make me turn around and run straight into a Brute.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side? Most doors in the Prison.

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn? No, I generally think "A monster will spawn when I pick up these elevator parts - let's just get it over with".

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear? Nope. Never passed out at all Big Grin

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there? I worked out whether or not a monster is there or not by using the theme music that goes with each. It did happen one time when I left my hiding place too early because the music was getting quieter and ran straight into the monster.

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it? No, but what did once happen in the Prison was where I was in the middle of a well-lit corridor and I heard a Grunt growl and its music started playing. I froze in the middle of the corridor because I didn't want to run in either direction in case I found the monster. The terror meter sounded, and because I couldn't see a monster in front of me, I assumed it was coming from behind ( Idea ). So I just waited, expecting to be attacked any second. But after about ten seconds, I hadn't been attacked and the terror meter just stopped, as did the Grunt music. That was the only time I've been disappointed by not being attacked.

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen? No, didn't even think of it.

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall? See above.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid? Aw yeeah.

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot? Not yet...

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around? Still on my first playthrough. Thanks for the warning though!

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun? Can't say I have.

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south? No, I wasn't thinking quickly enough.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD) Merde!

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"? Nah, Shadow needs to try harder Cool

04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Find
Desperate4God Offline

Spoiler below!
Not at all. Scared, yes.

Nope.

No. I tried to keep the experience as "real" as possible. Only once did I have to find a safe spot to sit in and take moment to breathe.

I died from the water monster or "kaernk" only twice. I got killed by a Brite once. The Grunts never got me.

No! I loved Agrippa. He reminded me of Red from Penumbra, so I felt really bad for him.

Not often. Maybe only once or twice.

Somehow I never made that connection in the first place. But whenever I went into a room, I always assumed that a monster could come in at any time, greatly increasing my survivbility.

Yup.

I don't believe so.

Nope. I learned in Penumbra: Black Plague how to get away from monsters.

No. I really wanted to, though. I was trying to see if I could make it through the game without dying on my first play-through.

See answer to previous question.

I might have...

Nope. I always had an escape plan if I got caught.

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around?
I've only played through Amnesia: The Dark Descent once. I've noticed that the Justine expansion (from what I can tell) seems to always be the same, however.

Nope.

Yeah.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)
Nope. I was more focused on my current objective and staying alive in general.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"?
Nope.

Yup!

Kyrie Eleison.
04-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Find
envirovore Offline

Threads: 1

(03-08-2011, 07:20 AM)eiahmon Wrote: While playing the game, did you...

... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by? No

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter? Quite the opposite, I'd boast that it was the most terrifying experience I've had in a long time

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking? Yes, after the Kaernk chase and after completing the prison.

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster? Yes, damn Kaernk

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you? lol, as long winded as he is, it was a nice calming break from all the chaos.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side? All the time

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn? All the time

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear? A couple times

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there? Once

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it? A couple times (damn that brute blocking the end of the sewers)

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen? Does poor platforming leading to a fall count?

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall? See above answer, add yes (mostly due to my lack of skill though)

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid? I still do this after 20+ playthroughs.

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot? yes, several times

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around? Yes, much to my joy. I only wish things were more randomized every time you played.

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun? I do this all the time now, Have multiple profiles saved at various parts in game so I can play whatever section I want when I want.

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south? No.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD) I groaned

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"? See above
Answers in bold.

alive we threaten everything
05-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Website Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

Spoiler below!

In the inside
Nope
Yes, multiple occasions; my hands are like the Nile River >_>
I never died Big Grin
The storage one I was aware of, but I did do this in the prison
Yes, even in the Back Hall
All the time
Nope
Nope
No, I prefer my corners
Nope, but I wanted to escape.
Nope
I believe I roasted a pig in there, good times.
I plan way too far ahead and have at least two spots in each room to cower in fear safely
I want to, but too scared D:
Nope
I tried to hold on...
It was a beauty, but I felt the same way before and after the shadow came, that place creeped me out for some reason.
No, but I do flip out because the shadow has a bonkers hit radius
Never played... but nope

Insanity. Static.
05-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Find
LucaP1000 Offline

Threads: 5

(05-12-2012, 01:55 AM)Juby Wrote: I never died Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYbetvkPA...re=related

[Image: classic-76561198012894588.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2012, 05:19 PM by LucaP1000.)
05-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Find