Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia dream/nightmare
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Amnesia dream/nightmare

Good/interesting dreams never get to play out to the end it seems!
04-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Find
benvereen Offline

Threads: 1

I've had a few dreams in which I had to run and hide from monsters resembling those from Amnesia. They weren't very scary though. I just kept thinking to myself, "This is kind of like Amnesia!" Tongue

But after playing A LOT of Amnesia and Penumbra in the same week, I began to have dreams about searching through boxes and drawers! I can't recall looking for anything specific. I just remember opening a lot of chests and drawers, throwing a lot of boxes and barrels around in search of things behind them, and knocking a lot of books off of shelves.
04-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

(04-29-2011, 07:05 PM)benvereen Wrote: But after playing A LOT of Amnesia and Penumbra in the same week, I began to have dreams about searching through boxes and drawers! I can't recall looking for anything specific. I just remember opening a lot of chests and drawers, throwing a lot of boxes and barrels around in search of things behind them, and knocking a lot of books off of shelves.

I've had those too, and they're usually an interesting blend of Amnesia and Penumbra when it comes to the looks of the places.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
04-30-2011, 05:29 AM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

Frictional Games must be amazed of how their game have affected many people's dreams here Tongue
05-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

I've never had an Amnesia exact dream, but I've had a dream with a grunt in it. Messed up.

I was walking in a grocery store, picking up bread, mac and cheese, ice cream, and milk. I walked up to the counter and the clerk was a grunt :/ I sat there and stared at it and it asked me "Would you like some candy, sir?" and I said "Sure". Then sadly I woke up.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

(05-03-2011, 02:48 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I was walking in a grocery store, picking up bread, mac and cheese, ice cream, and milk. I walked up to the counter and the clerk was a grunt :/ I sat there and stared at it and it asked me "Would you like some candy, sir?" and I said "Sure". Then sadly I woke up.
Very lol worthy material there. xD!
05-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0

I had another interesting Amnesia dream last night. I think it was supposed to be what Amnesia would be like if it had randomized monster spawns.

However, I wasn't the one playing the game. I was in Daniel's place.

The dream took place in the choir. There was a lot of Brutes spawning in areas extremely close to mine. In one instance, a Brute spawned almost right next to me and began chasing me. I can run really fast in real life, so I was almost able to outrun the brute. It was closing distance between us when I saw a Penumbra-style filing cabinet next to the wall, and a refrigerator-like object right next to it. I climbed on top of the filing cabinet, thinking I was out of the Brute's reach.

The Brute was just watching me, so I began to taunt it. "Na-na-na-boo-booooo, yooooou caaan't caaaatch meeee!" was one of the things I remember saying to it. I was about to moon it when it got angry at me and ran towards the filing cabinet. I realized that the refrigerator was taller than the filing cabinet, so I tried to climb on top of it. I was a little bit too late, and the Brute was able to slice me just above my right leg's ankle. I scrambled on top of the refrigerator, and the Brute tried to slice me again. I was out of reach this time, and the end of its sword barely showed above the fridge. The Brute went away eventually, and I was able to make it to the final torture room. This torture room was where the brazen bull room was in the original game, but in my dream it came up as a type of pathway with an endless pit on either side. I think the door said something like 'East German Wing' on it when I opened the door at the end.

Even though I was Daniel in the dream, I was able to bring up the inventory screen. As soon as I picked up the final orb piece (there was a torture device in the room but I forget what it was) I was captured. In my dream, being captured means having about 15 Brutes and Grunts each rush in the room and sing 'Never Gonna Give You Up' before knocking you out.

I woke up in a room that was the same as the cell in the original game, and I remembered how to get out. As I stepped in the hallway where the Shadow begins chasing you, I screamed 'LEEEEROOOOY JEEEEENKIIIINS' and began running for it. The Shadow appeared as a giant fleshy trollface that I saw when I looked back. I was able to escape without too much trouble. When I went back to the Nave, Agrippa had turned into Rick Astley.

"I'm sorry, Daniel. I was just pretending to be on your side because Alexander told me to be," he said. He began to break free from his chains, and I ran for the Chancel.

I don't remember what happened after that, but I think I might have been gang raped by Agrippa and Alexander at the end.
05-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

First some background information: in custom stories I greatly dislike dickmoves like sudden scares (people get scared of ANYTHING that's thrown at their face without warning, it doesn't matter is it a cute puppy or a mangled corpse) or impossible situations (like monsters appearing from everywhere at the same time and there's no way to discover the right route without dying a few times first.)

In my dream I was playing some custom story. I was in the game itself and I was sneaking around with a lantern, shitting bricks and swearing how miserable custom story it was. The monsters were spawning one after another, there wasn't any kind of silent creepy moments, story etc. there was just monsters and panic running. Plus they were able to crash through any obstacles, like even following through big, heavy doors they're not usually able to.

In addition they had created some mutated, bigger and uglier versions of grunts and brutes that were even stronger, faster and deadlier. So much that normal grunts and brutes didn't even scare me anymore. When seeing them I just thought "Oh they're just those lame first forms."

When I started to get along with the mutated versions and learned how to escape from them, the mod really started to piss me in the eye. A normal looking grunt spawned, but it was as powerful as the most powerful, mutated one. Obviously I couldn't see this, so I started to run towards the grunt and was about to dash and pass it fast and nicely. The uber fast and strong grunt then grabbed the poor me into a huge bear hug.

I died while cursing the maker of the custom story while "You have to go on..." text came to float to the screen. Angry

~
12-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

I guess I could say that the previous dream I posted was a daydream more than a dream. I was reading a very boring book and thought about it.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
12-26-2011, 02:42 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

I had a dream where I was the brute. I ran around the sewer looking for somewhere to go. In the dream I had not yet looked at myself/my hands. The only thing different about me beint a brute was that I could see perfectly fine, rather then being blind. So once I figured out what I was, i started to run around the place hitting the wall. A bunch of shit happened, I killed a grunt, I rolled around in the water, and in the end I saw Daniel. So I walked up behind him and tickled him. He laughed and had a heart attack. I sat around and I though "My dream is boring now"

Soo... Yeah Smile
12-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Find