Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia dream/nightmare
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71
RE: Amnesia dream/nightmare

(03-10-2011, 06:26 PM)Ayevee Wrote: Strangely I've never had a real scary nightmare about Amnesia, but there's one part of a dream I can remember;

It was night standing outside facing down some long, stony, half piped tunnel where I could see a faint light at the end, not really a light like the orb or a lamp, just enough to see.

I took one step into the tunnel and I heard a extremely long moan, kind of like when you stop up to that hole and the smoke comes out.

Next thing I know i hear these footsteps from the other end, but can't see anything. They were fast and loud, sounding like something massive just crushed a big rock, and there was like three per second.

It was getting closer, so I closed my eyes and ears and focused on ending the dream, waking up at 4 am where I then had a dream about a toaster we used to make mac and cheese.

Share your dreams.

I keep having this strange dream. I've had it at least one time a year since I was 7 years old. Get ready for a strange dream.

Dream:
Im sitting in a rowboat with a witch in a sump. While she is rowing. Then I fart and I wake up.

Useally when I have this dream I sit at least an half hour wondering what the fucking fuck I was dreaming xD
03-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3

I've never had a dream about Amnesia wich is a good thing... really.

But i've had a quite bad dream about the Penumbra BP. http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-2514.html
03-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

(03-14-2011, 07:06 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: That's pretty cool. Interesting twist on the storyline from the game.

The part there that made me feel a little sick is that it was storngly implied that once whoever had Alexander back inside and out of sight, he promptly murdered him.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
03-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

(03-15-2011, 06:08 AM)eiahmon Wrote:
(03-14-2011, 07:06 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: That's pretty cool. Interesting twist on the storyline from the game.

The part there that made me feel a little sick is that it was storngly implied that once whoever had Alexander back inside and out of sight, he promptly murdered him.

What? I'm a little confused.
03-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

(03-14-2011, 07:06 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: What? I'm a little confused.

Basically in a nutshell, Alexander tried to escape and was caught. As soon as the person that caught him got him back inside the castle, he killed him.

Does that make sense now?

03-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Yeah. That's what I was thinking but I wasn't too sure.
03-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10

I had another one.. My friend brought an orb to my house (which she had found in a forest) i kept thinking that were have i seen that.. Ofc.. Amnesia! Everything went dark after that. Next thing i can remember is that we were in a dark long hallway, like in penumbra. Then suddently, the lights behind us are starting to go off, making us panic and starting to run at the other end. We see a black figure at the horizon :c My friend froze still and started to scream. Then the figure starts to sprint towards us! Then everything goes dark and i wake up.. .__.[/align]
03-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Full moon strikes again! Full moons always give me weird dreams. Supermoons apparently do double duty, because this was one of MANY oddball dreams I had the other night.

A bunch of friends and myself drove up in the dead of night to this old building that was falling apart. It wasn't a total ruin yet, but it was certainly close. There were walls missing, the floors were covered with dirt and debris, but the overall structure was still sound. Anyway, the place was lit in areas by torches on the walls, while other places were completely dark. Anyway, so we - there were about six of us, filed inside with our flashlights and split off in little groups to explore. I got the impression that we had done this a few times already. There was a new guy in our group, someone that we had only recently made friends with, and he went off with me and another guy while we went to check out this one floor that we hadn't been to yet.

We walked down this dark hallway, to this room that was lit well enough to read and we looked at some ratty books that explained events from recent history. (9/11, 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, and the tearing down of the Berlin Wall werel some of the things mentioned.) The odd thing was my one friend and I kept having to explain these events to the new guy, and they were things that he should have known about. At one point I turned around to face him and discovered that our new friend was a 20 something year old version of Alexander. Right then we found a book that detailed a huge scandal that former Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev had been involved in, and it was so bad, that he had ordered the deaths of whomever had learned of it in an attempt to keep it secret. (The dream did say what the scandal was, but I can't remember now.) My friend calmly shut the book, and I took Alexander by the arm and pulled him out of the room. Once the door was shut behind the three of us, we told him that he had not seen that book and had not learned of anything in it. Admitting that he knew something, we told him would be a death sentence. (Evidently Gorbachev was still in power and capable of getting to us.) Alexander said he understood, and the three of us went down to a room that we all used as a gathering point.

Despite the place having no electricity, there was a TV and VCR in this room, and everyone else was gathered in front of it watching Scooby Doo reruns. Alexander was fascinated, and he sat down on the floor to watch while I went around the corner to a pristine modern bathroom. I have NO idea what something like that was doing in that place. Anyway, while I was in there, I heard a yell, and I went back out to tell them to be quiet, since that place was actually off limits when we all heard the moan of a brute somewhere VERY close by. Everyone - with the odd exception of Alexander - knew what the sound was, and we quickly extinguished the room's only torch, shut off the TV and quietly filed into the bathroom and shut the door. I winced when the door latched with a lack clack!, and while this was going on the music from Amnesia that plays when the grunts are hunting you was playing. We told Alexander - since he was new to the area and didn't know the layout of the place as well - to get in the bathtub and hide behind the shower curtain and that he was not to come out until one of us said it was safe. Then the rest of us hunkered down and waited, hoping that we wouldn't have to wait to make a break for it. The dream ended there.

Whew!

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2011, 09:21 AM by eiahmon.)
03-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10

Scary story brah :'C
I've had few that kind of dreams, that i always have to hide in the same place as in my previous dreams Tongue
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

This is what I get for looking so forward to Justine while killing time playing Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles.

I was Richter Belmont, and I was trekking through Brennenburg, looking for the missing girls fom the Castlevania game. There were areas from Dracula X, as well as areas from Amnesia in there. Amnesia's soundtrack was playing off and on too. I couldn't fight the monsters - the brute, grunt and monsters from Dracula X were all present - which I found odd, since the Vampire Killer whip is capable of taking down Death himself, so the demon possess humans that are the brutes and grunts should have been no trouble. The monsters from Dracula X definately should have been killable. All I could do was distract them by throwing things at them, which I found very annoying. Thankfully, they were dumb as bricks, so if I simply disappeared from their sight, they would stop coming at me. I was surprised as all hell at one point when I ran into a room and swung the door shut behind me, and they still didn't come after me, even though the door didn't shut all the way and didn't latch.

Anyway, at one point, I climbed down this ladder into this deep pit in the floor, and as I was starting to climb down, I realized that I hadn't rescued my (Richter's) girlfriend Annette yet, and that I needed to go back to an earlier save and get her. I was getting ready to climb back up when I heard footsteps, and I froze on the ladder, just as Alexander and Daniel walked by on the floor that I had just climbed down from. There was an Oh shit! moment, since they were so close that if they had glanced out of the corner of their eye they would have seen me, but they simply walked on past without looking.

My alarm woke me up then. I have never wanted to throw that thing so much in my life.

04-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Find