Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!

I have made 2 quick fixes to the map "the village".
1. Added a path to the cave - a quickfix (block_box marked by candles.)
2. Removed all those 20 rain particle effects. Made a new larger custom one. And added two of those.

Fix No.2 increases the framerate on the village map.
My framerate before was at worst 7 or something like that. Now it ranges from 18-30. (And you still get ze rain!)

Keep in mind that this is a quickfix, making it "playable" - better ones will surely be around.
Link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790433/villageTownFix.zip

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011, 06:42 PM by Acies.)
05-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

Okay.. I gave the map another try, but that didn't go too well either
Spoiler below!
I got into the dininghall... Then the door slams shut and I search the room for about 10minutes or something, then I gave up and saw that there was some interact callback at entity to trigger something that I missed. That was surely enough of a reason not to come back to the map for me
05-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

Forget that I mentioned the mine entrance error, I hadn't put the entities folder in the right spot at the time.

Well, I finished it and...um....uhh....so....anyway....um....right....uh...

I guess I don't get it.
(05-12-2011, 06:44 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: Okay.. I gave the map another try, but that didn't go too well either
Spoiler below!
I got into the dininghall... Then the door slams shut and I search the room for about 10minutes or something, then I gave up and saw that there was some interact callback at entity to trigger something that I missed. That was surely enough of a reason not to come back to the map for me

Spoiler below!
You take the clock hand from the clock on the table, and it is supposed to trigger the hallucination type thingy-ma-bob.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011, 06:46 PM by Anxt.)
05-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Stupid me - forgot one door in the village.

Spoiler below!

Funny typo when entering the town hall: "No it's open." Smile

Great scary moment with the water in the hallway on the way to the two clocks!

I picked up one clock arrow on top of the tower now. It doesn't appear in my inventory though - is that a problem?
05-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

It does appear, it's just a black picture. Look at the spot in your inventory next to the last item you acquired, there should be a description there.

05-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

Well, exellenet map. Open ranges!

i espesially love moment with piano and notes - music is great. like it was in some level in HEXEN II. anyone remember it?(but there was organ music, and notes, and guillotine)
Wink
just love nice part in main hall.

so what about that bug, anyone fix it?
[Image: bug2oq.th.jpg]

Cool
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011, 07:18 PM by Dark Knight.)
05-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Find
Exostalker Offline

Threads: 10

This was really badly optimized, when looking in rains direction I got like 7-10 fps, when I can run Crysis on maximum with 30-40 fps... Big Grin

05-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

(05-12-2011, 07:05 PM)Anxt Wrote: It does appear, it's just a black picture. Look at the spot in your inventory next to the last item you acquired, there should be a description there.

Whoops, thanks! Now struggling to get the arrows in the right position. Blush
05-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

They don't actually do anything noticeable if I recall correctly. I'm actually not sure what they do at all.

Spoiler below!
There's a lever in the desk to the left of the clocks. Maybe the hands make it appear, I don't know. Oh well.

05-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

(05-12-2011, 07:41 PM)Anxt Wrote:
Spoiler below!
There's a lever in the desk to the left of the clocks. Maybe the hands make it appear, I don't know. Oh well.

No,
Spoiler below!
the lever was there before - I guess the arrows just enable its function. But thanks for reminding me of that thing, I don't think I'd have looked in there again! Smile

Okay, done now. I think this could become a very good custom story.

Spoiler below!
Of course it has to go on now: What will the character find in the mine, will he save Robert etc...

But to me at this stage some notes with a story evolving around the village and of course the murder would be more important.

For example, in the two "random" houses could be letters from the inhabitants to relatives about the murder probably containing thoughts about who was the murderer etc.

Maybe the mayor has something to hide which could be implied in a letter found in the town hall. Also, there should be a note by him that he loves the Mondscheinsonate which you find in his house but also some more details in another note maybe - else the trip to his house is a bit lame because it only makes you run a bit and nothing else.

Has anyone seen the movie Hot Fuzz? That story could be used as well. It's a comedy about village people who secretly kill everyone in their community who doesn't fit the nice image. This would also fit to Roberts letter that the murder was complicated.

Well... anything, just some story. But in general it's great to see some nice outside environment. About the fps drop: Maybe the rain isn't even necessary and just some fog would do the trick as well?
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011, 08:24 PM by bobbo.)
05-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Find