Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Justine is too hard.

Key to finishing Justine:

Now that I think about it, its almost like a hack/cheat, but if you practice it enough it just turns into muscle memory and you won't even have to think about doing it! Basically, you point your mouse in whatever direction you want to go, and press "W" (note: it is important to continually hold down "W", as this will cause your player to move forward consistently). Next, is arguably the most important step:

Hold "SHIFT", too! This enables a speed hack that allows you to move faster! Try it, this really works!

I rate it 3 memes.
03-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

There is also a saving possibility , that's how I finished it Tongue just search on google

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

There's also the ability to go into the level editor and make all enemies harmless.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
03-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(03-22-2013, 06:56 PM)i3670 Wrote: There's also the ability to go into the level editor and make all enemies harmless.

That would kinda ruin the 'feeling' of the game Tongue

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
03-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Website Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

Justine's difficulty is hard, but it is perfect, in my opinion.

It introduces a no save or no checkpoint function, not only fitting for such a short game, but it also serves as an expansion pack to The Dark Descent. After playing the original game, I think these sort of additional features do good now that we are more used to how the game works. It forces players to be much more careful, and I personally feel it immerses me more to think of avoiding death to such a degree, because death is final, and not just something you can rush into. Players were also used to just hide in a corner and wait for the scary to go away, something which can be too much of an advantage at times, so forcing you to have to sneak past some enemies for once might be a different and more scary experience.

You say Justine is difficult and scary, and with this I wholeheartedly agree. It does feel terrifying. I do think it needs this however. If it makes you terrified to push on, then it just shows that the game is great at what it does. The more terrifying experience, the better! Good luck playing it, I believe in you, and you will manage it and have a lot of fun on the way. =)

One thing which I did have a lot of difficulty with was the phonograph without the wax cylinder and saving the second prisoner, but then again I am quite far from the brightest lantern around.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
03-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(03-22-2013, 06:56 PM)i3670 Wrote: There's also the ability to go into the level editor and make all enemies harmless.
There are also several monster glitches...

I mean, if we get down to those solutions, why not this one Dodgy

(03-22-2013, 05:57 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I also never managed to finish Justine. To have no save point is very frustrating and I lost pleasure to play again from the beginning after third time. The hardest thing is that the monsters do never disappear from the environment and they are so strong and fast. There was actually no chance for me to get through.
I just played Justine (Only the part when you are with Malo), and finished it. This intense part has the merit of always making me produce some adrenaline, even the next times Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013, 07:06 PM by felixmole.)
03-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

I never finished it, and regret not finishing it, but too scared to try.

Fuck me, damnit.

Quote: Justine is an extreme hardcore game. I don't know how it's possible to solve that.
Too hardcore for Googol. : P

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
03-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-22-2013, 05:57 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I also never managed to finish Justine. To have no save point is very frustrating and I lost pleasure to play again from the beginning after third time. The hardest thing is that the monsters do never disappear from the environment and they are so strong and fast. There was actually no chance for me to get through.

Justine is an extreme hardcore game. I don't know how it's possible to solve that.Huh

but googolplex i thought games being difficult was a good thing and unless it's a challenge it's a pointless game for casuals

right

Posting Freak
03-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Website Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I hard a hard time the first few times I did it, but I eventually got through the suitors, saved everyone, and saved the day.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

I was intimidated by the "potato room" (lol) too when I first played it. I did work my way through it... Stopping here and there -hiding, since I think the way the suitor's AI is programmed -it seems like this one patrols in your general area... but I could be wrong. Anyway, I ended up making a rough map. The hardest part is getting the proportions of the walls right, but you should be able to see how it all fits together. When you know where to go it's a bit easier. Then knowing how the suitor acts (in what ways he's limited) it becomes very easy.

As for the next part... The best advice I could give would be to keep a cool head. If you're frantic you're more likely to mess up... And I know that's hard given the intensity of the situation. Be strong! Cool

edit: Well, on 2nd thought regarding the next section... as they say "knowing is half the battle". So don't expect to make it through the first time. If you do make it through the first time - consider yourself lucky.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013, 07:58 AM by Tetrafish.)
03-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Find