Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Amnesia: Through the Portal (2.0 Expansion Released)
ZortaEnzane Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (1.0 Released, Expansion In Progress)

(06-17-2011, 08:14 AM)DamnNoHtml Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 07:51 AM)ZortaEnzane Wrote: What about Justine DLC's Suitors? Any way you think they can be used, without obviously linking them to Justine in the way they already are?

They appear mostly human, but they don't necessarily have to be of the "earth" variety (since you don't want to incorporate too much from that realm) because well, Alexander and Justine look pretty "human" for a couple of aliens anyway.

Sort of the same situation with the Brute. The giant collar around their neck is sort of hard to explain. I could maybe say Alexander's people used Earthlings as slaves but honestly I don't want to because I don't picture them as evil.

Damn, you painted everything into a corner, didn't you? lol
Ok... umm... lemme think, lemme think...

Ah! How about this?
So the means of extracting vitae from earthlings unfortunately involves their demise. From the note you left in-game, it doesn't sound like this idea sits too well with Alexander. But regardless, he needs vitae from them. So how about he tries to see if there's a way to bring them back from the dead after he's done that, so he can simply return them to their lives and nobody has to die? However, the process proved to be faulty and thus you have those living dead suitor dudes. The stupid giant collar being explained away as some necessary step in the early crude method he used. (I'm sure he was gonna find a way to take it off later btw)

I am a voice actress, here is my portfolio so far: http://soundcloud.com/zorta-enzane
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2011, 08:43 AM by ZortaEnzane.)
06-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

Interesting idea...I'll swash it around my brain.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
06-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

Swash the Brute around your brain while your at it. Tongue
06-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Hi, I just played your story and just wanted to say my thoughts.

Really nice environment and clever use of scaled statics, and great lighting effects. Mindblowing actually. I did notice a few map bugs though, mostly places where you could see between walls.

I really liked how you expanded the lore of the Orbs and Alexander's home world too.

A negative was that it was so linear and, well, not that scary (the shadow chase was the only scary part). But I don't think every story needs to be super scary as long as it's interesting in other ways, and your definitely was.

Keep up the good work man, can't wait to try out this expansion you're working on.
06-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Hey, The expansion must be bigger than this story, If you want to expand more the story. It has to be scary, because ttp wasn't scary, but was quite adventurous Smile
I know you can do it ^^

listen to boards of canada
06-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Website Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

(06-18-2011, 12:31 AM)Hardarm Wrote: Hey, The expansion must be bigger than this story, If you want to expand more the story. It has to be scary, because ttp wasn't scary, but was quite adventurous Smile
I know you can do it ^^

I don't think scary is on the top of his priorities, but I believe it will be a little more scary, especially after seeing the Grunt 'spawning grounds'. Seriously though, if it doesn't take a turn for 'scary' I wouldn't care in the slightest, I sense that it's more of an adventure/story driven mod after all.
06-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

With the ability to add Grunts as I please once you pass a certain point in the story, scares are much easier and story-driven to implement so don't worry.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
06-18-2011, 01:46 AM
Find
ZortaEnzane Offline

Threads: 2

There's no need to clog the story up with nonsensical scares around every corner for the sake of being scary. You have a delicate atmosphere to maintain and I'd much rather experience a unique environment than to be distracted by the typical grunt spawning out of every damn item you touch scenario.

However, I trust you'll handle any scares you decide to incorporate with just as much thought as you put into considering the existence of the monsters you use. Smile

I am a voice actress, here is my portfolio so far: http://soundcloud.com/zorta-enzane
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2011, 06:14 AM by ZortaEnzane.)
06-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(06-18-2011, 06:13 AM)ZortaEnzane Wrote: There's no need to clog the story up with nonsensical scares around every corner for the sake of being scary. You have a delicate atmosphere to maintain and I'd much rather experience a unique environment than to be distracted by the typical grunt spawning out of every damn item you touch scenario.

However, I trust you'll handle any scares you decide to incorporate with just as much thought as you put into considering the existence of the monsters you use. Smile

I promise; no generic "You got the key! Here is a Grunt!" situations. In fact, the only Grunt situations so far are situations in which you are responsible for unleashing it upon yourself. (Literally)

06-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Been playing through it and found what could be considered a few bugs.

1. Upon retrieving the master orb and having the angry guardian after you, I was able to jump ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THEBOTTOM

And live, this made the chase a lot less stressful or even dangerous.

'Course the soul fog raped me afterwards cause I had NO clue where I was going but still

2. The first chase from the shadow, after leaving alexander ruins, i got killed, upon respawning, it was gone, making the whole thing a lot less dangerous and stressful

My other thoughts.

3. Spooking the player with the laernak...not nice

4. You'd think Daniel would have his lantern with him.

5. Sometimes it's difficult to figure out where you're supposed to go.

EDIT: Why didn't you use the guardian chase music for when the guardian chases you? Or for that matter, why does it not sound like the normal shadow we all know and love?

Quote:I promise; no generic "You got the key! Here is a Grunt!" situations. In fact, the only Grunt situations so far are situations in which you are responsible for unleashing it upon yourself. (Literally)

How would this work?
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2011, 06:55 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
06-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Website Find