Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I make clouds?
SLAMnesia Offline

Threads: 39
How do I make clouds?

Anyone have any good ideas/input for making clouds? I tried for 15 minutes but this iswhat I got :\ its pathetic

Attached Files
.jpg   Capture.JPG (Size: 57.42 KB / Downloads: 120)
08-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: How do I make clouds?

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like you're using one giant sprite to constitute the cloud you're trying to make.

Not being a particle system expert, I'd recommend using multiple sprites with random size, slightly random color (light gray/dark gray), and some subtle rotation as well. Something more along these lines, I think.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Puf...ter/980819

08-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Try using ps_area_fog_xlarge and/or ps_fog_sky. The area fog looks good as ground fog but putting some up higher in the map could pass for some cloud cover. The sky fog is a flat moving level of fog. It's only visible from the bottom though so don't panic if you can't see it from the top, just look at it from below Tongue

On another note: Fog areas are more of a global thing, they look pretty awful if you're looking outside-in. Don't try to use them for clouds :S

08-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Judging by the image, it seems you wouldn't mind static clouds, so finding yourself a good skybox image should work out fine for you. The stalker complete mods have some awesome sky-boxes.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-04-2011, 03:09 AM
Website Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

I use cgtextures.com for skyboxes. My free account lets me use whatever images I want at a limited size, which is often more than enough for a skybox. In a worst-case scenario I do some editing in GIMP and make it passable.

If you're looking for more mobile, in-game clouds, I'm not sure how I'd do that, but if you just want clouds as a part of the sky your best bet is to look here:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...tutorial_3

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Find