Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
In need of a creative solution!
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: In need of a creative solution!

another solution would be to create a model of the ring with the planet included, and do this for all three planets, so there is:

Ring + Planet 1
Ring + Planet 2
Ring + Planet 3
Ring + No_Planets

At first have the tablet spawned, and create three "Ring + No_Planets" on the tablet,
then when the player uses item 'Planet 1' on a ring, set the interacted ring inactive, and replace it with "Ring + Planet 1" - simples Smile

Obviously create spin joints at the centre of each ring, so they rotate properly! I think this method would be quite easy to accomplish ( Only 5 models needed in total, 4 of them are almost identical ) and the rotation would be the most natural!

08-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(08-28-2011, 12:51 AM)DRedshot Wrote: another solution would be to create a model of the ring with the planet included, and do this for all three planets, so there is:

Ring + Planet 1
Ring + Planet 2
Ring + Planet 3
Ring + No_Planets

At first have the tablet spawned, and create three "Ring + No_Planets" on the tablet,
then when the player uses item 'Planet 1' on a ring, set the interacted ring inactive, and replace it with "Ring + Planet 1" - simples Smile

Obviously create spin joints at the centre of each ring, so they rotate properly! I think this method would be quite easy to accomplish ( Only 5 models needed in total, 4 of them are almost identical ) and the rotation would be the most natural!

Good. This is actually the only possible way to do it. Since I have incorporated three wheels in one model I don't think the engine can distinguish between them. Using this I may actually salvage the model for some usage.

To Jennifer: I'm using Maya.

This model has caused much frustration for me. Almost angry I made it.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

08-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

Quote:AddAttachedProp: Doesn't work. The prop doesn't move around with the wheels.
It should work fine. Any transformation (excluding scale) applied to the wheels in game is applied to the attached prop if:

1) The planets are attached non-central to a wheel entity
2) Each wheel is a separate entity (and not attached to the main wheel base)
3) You have set the arguments to the function correctly
4) Wheel ents have the correct body set in the main physics body custom var.

It works fine with props attached to my katamari ball, which moves in all 6DoF.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2011, 02:05 AM by Apjjm.)
08-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Each wheel isn't a separate entity, which is why I have to make them so. Thought I could do some "awesome-advanced-triple-wheel-object", but that didn't work out for me. So I have to separate them first, but then I could do it O.o

08-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

(08-28-2011, 02:06 AM)Acies Wrote: Each wheel isn't a separate entity, which is why I have to make them so. Thought I could do some "awesome-advanced-triple-wheel-object", but that didn't work out for me. So I have to separate them first, but then I could do it O.o
There is only one "main" physics body per entity which is used for any attachments - if you didn't want to attach anything one entity is fine Wink.
08-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

(08-28-2011, 02:06 AM)Acies Wrote: There is only one "main" physics body per entity which is used for any attachments - if you didn't want to attach anything one entity is fine Wink.

If I didn't have to learn stuff by failing.. :/ I'd be invincible.

08-28-2011, 02:43 AM
Find