Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

thanks for the advice aldigheri, wich game engine source kits use the "old fashioned" mechanics, or can be modified to use them? rejoining the mod community could do me good, take me back to the old days when i did a couple of things for counterstrike.

movies,. sadly, not many horror movies are that scary, too reliant on jumpscares or ludicrous Gibs (and as a Wolf 3d/ROTT/BLOOD veteran, Gibs dont scare me)

also, i could have sworn "the evil dead" was always meant as Horror comedy rather than horror. (its also the source for so many quotes in classic shooter videogames its beyond beleive, Duke Nukem 3d and the 2 "BLOOD" games especially, man, i miss BLOOD.. hmm, with serious sam 3 selling like hotcakes, perhaps a new, very "old school" BLOOD and steam/psn/xbla re-releases of Full (add on packs included) versions of the old 2 may be what monolith needs to get out of the "MMOFPD" quagmire its in now)

hmm...scary horror movies, non slasher, non jumpscare.. id probably have to say mostly old black and white horror with Boris Karloff and Peter Lorre. they were the kings of creepy, when horror used atmosphere and creepy actors instead of Gore and Jumpscare. just how it should be (i kind of see amnesia as a kind of throwback to Karloff/Lorre Black and white creepfest actually due to the use of creepy charachters and dripping atmosphere...)
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012, 08:15 PM by the dark side.)
08-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by the dark side - 08-01-2012, 08:15 PM