The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discovered Frictional Games Worthy Monsters Online
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Discovered Frictional Games Worthy Monsters Online

While I was taking a break and enjoying the holidays, I found two images online yesterday that just beg to be put into Amnesia. I then decided to start this thread, a place where you can put/attach your own monster ideas and discuss on how to put it in Amnesia or show one that you found and discuss how to modify its look to add it to Amnesia. Think about it, what was one of the things made Amnesia scary after Penumbra? You encountered new things that Penumbra didn't have; new textures, new models, new monsters, etc. Adding something never before seen in Amnesia would add to the scare and gameplay. I will first describe the image in italics, then put the link to it below it.

This first image, called BLOB by Alex Truis, is something I expect to see in Amnesia. It is mostly human, but when you see its front you realize it's no longer human. Claws for hands and a horrifying head, even more so than a Brute/Grunt. No eyes, but one massive mouth that can comfortably fit your head!

http://a.tuis.free.fr/images_color/BLOB.jpg

This next image is of an expedition in Antarctica discovering something truly horrifying! Now I've been familiar with theories/ideas of an alien city or human-to-dino sized monster under the ice of Antarctica, buteven I never imagined this one! You can't see all of it, but it's such a size that Godzilla and Cthulhu would have nightmares of this thing. Now to see this thing in-game, I have some thoughts on that. Your first glance could be a 'cut-scene'; your in a helicopter and for a moment you get a flash of insight and see the monster. The second shot(s), following the example above, you feel determined to find the monster buried in the ice and eventually reach it/walk on it (before it wakes up that it). Now this thing doesn't have to be one massive model, only parts can be moving while the rest still; for it escaping, one can go to cut-scene where the humans and their camp seem to be dots (actually they'd be miniature version of the area you played) while the creature (which would actually be player sized or so) escapes Antarctica.

I hope you think the concept behind these images would be great for Amnesia like me. I also hope to see your own monster ideas to add to Amnesia. To anyone here that can make Amnesia Monsters, please feel free to come here and offer aid to help make mine and future user ideas into the gaming world!
12-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Discovered Frictional Games Worthy Monsters Online - by The Rock Worm - 12-07-2012, 05:18 PM