Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia

(08-11-2013, 07:26 AM)Statyk Wrote: Exclusives are such a bad marketing strategy... I don't understand it. I wish I could play it as well, but I do not own a PS3, nor is a game going to compel me to get one at any point.

It's not always just marketing. Porting is difficult and time consuming and having a multi-console release of PS3, X360, PC, Wii and however many other consoles is extremely tough to get right. It requires a lot of manpower and money and especially for newcomers to game development it's counterproductive as the fanbase doesn't exist yet. You could also argue that Amnesia being a PC exclusive is bad marketing considering the amazing buzz it received from the public and media the year following its release. Lots of people want to play your game, some of them don't want to play it on PC - what's the best idea from a marketing standpoint? Diversify and expand the market to other consoles. Of course, we all know why Frictional did not and probably will not ever do that. It's the exact same with other consoles, granted to a lesser extent.
08-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - by Bridge - 08-11-2013, 11:23 AM