Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential fix for crash bug after update
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update

This new Amnesia.exe file did fix the crashing on game startup issue that I was having starting with the 1.3 update. Before this temporary fix was released, I was able to discover for myself through my own testing that the game was crashing whenever my USB gamepads were plugged in. If I unplugged them and then started up the game, then it worked properly. But as soon as I plugged in even one of my USB gamepads, the game would instantly crash. This temporary fix seems to be the answer for now. I have the old Frictional Games Store version of Amnesia The Dark Descent that requires a serial number to play (and my serial number still works fine). Have you folks at Frictional Games ever considered updating the old Frictional Games Store version of the game to be DRM-Free? The DRM-Free version of the game has been available for purchase from multiple online locations for a long time now. I also have the old Frictional Games Store version of Penumbra Collection. And I remember that you released an update for Penumbra Collection that made the three Penumbra games DRM-Free and no longer required the person's serial number to play them. Have you ever thought about updating the old Frictional Games Store version of Amnesia The Dark Descent to be DRM-Free being that you made a DRM-Free version of the game already? Anyway, I'm glad that this temporary fix works for now =)

P.S. I have Amnesia A Machine For Pigs on Steam =)
12-12-2014, 08:39 PM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-12-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-13-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-12-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-24-2014, 07:39 AM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-26-2014, 03:16 AM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-30-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 01-07-2015, 12:20 AM