Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential fix for crash bug after update
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update

(12-12-2014, 10:38 PM)jens Wrote: You can use the updates to get DRM-free (serial key is not really DRM but anyhoooow) versions of old versions of the game. You can also re-download the full serial free versions from shelf.frictionalgames.com.
Oh wow I didn't even know that. It doesn't mention in the 1.3 changelog that a serial number is no longer required to play an old serial number version of the game. I deleted my installkey file located at Documents\Amnesia\Main and saw that the game now works without needing a serial number anymore. So that's good. You might want to mention in the changelog for your upcoming bug fix patch update that a serial number/the installkey file is no longer required to play the game. Thanks for updating the old Frictional Games Store version of the game to be DRM-Free now Smile

And I am one of the tons of gamers that was amazed by Amnesia The Dark Descent. The first time I played through it, I was terrified and on edge quite often. This game created a new standard for horror video games and it is definitely a masterpiece. It's good that the game was designed with support for custom stories/custom levels. It's a shame that Amnesia A Machine For Pigs was not designed to support custom stories/custom levels though. I know that Amnesia A Machine For Pigs was generally not received as well as Amnesia The Dark Descent was. I didn't think that Amnesia A Machine For Pigs was as good as Amnesia The Dark Descent was. It seemed that Pigs focused more on the story rather than the horror. But I still considered Pigs to be an interesting game to play. And I liked that Pigs had some new things in it that Dark Descent didn't have (like the phones). And Pigs did have some scary stuff in it too.

I also enjoyed Penumbra Overture, Penumbra Black Plague, and Penumbra Requiem as well Smile

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the upcoming bug fix patch update for Dark Descent Smile
12-13-2014, 11:49 AM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-12-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-13-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-12-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-24-2014, 07:39 AM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-26-2014, 03:16 AM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 12-30-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Guest - 01-07-2015, 12:20 AM