Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game freezes after starting
kenoxite Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Game freezes after starting

More on this.

I decided to give it another try, this time playing in windowed mode. Doing so I was able to get past the opened door area and make it to the area beyond the second loading screen. I thought maybe I was just unlucky the first time, so I saved, restarted the game and continued playing it in full screen.

After following the blood(?) trails and being subject of a couple of uneasy events (lights off, etc) I ended in a kind of studio, where a desk in front of a more than welcomed window was waiting for me. And it kept waiting because the game froze again.

I guess that my only option is to keep playing in windowed mode until a fix for all this is found (if ever). But I think there's a hint in where those frozen screens happened: both happened just when some kind of trigger was activated in the game.

EDIT: The freeze happens _even_ in windowed mode. I decided to give it a final go and restarted in that mode. Once I got to the desk area (the one where the lamp is found) the computer froze again. Graphic card crash, to be precise. Fortunately this time ATI's VPU Recover utility kicked in and restarted the graphic card, so I was able to keep playing.

Anyway, being forced to play in windowed mode with a 848x480 resolution plus the rest of problems is killing the game for me. It's absolutely mood breaking, as you can guess. So I better put it aside until a fix for all this is found. Which I hope is soon.
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Game freezes after starting - by kenoxite - 09-08-2010, 09:32 AM
RE: Game freezes after starting - by kenoxite - 09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
RE: Game freezes after starting - by jens - 09-08-2010, 12:42 PM
RE: Game freezes after starting - by kenoxite - 09-08-2010, 12:57 PM
RE: Game freezes after starting - by jens - 09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Game freezes after starting - by kenoxite - 09-08-2010, 01:47 PM
RE: Game freezes after starting - by jens - 09-08-2010, 02:08 PM