Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Questions About Planes..?
HakePT Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Some Questions About Planes..?

(10-02-2010, 12:32 AM)einfrnirdyr Wrote: 1- Is it possible to create shapes other than Quads?
2- Are Planes extrudable?
3- Is it possible for vertex manipulation on Planes at all?
4- Is it possible to rotate Materials on a Plane without having to rotate the Plane itself?
5- Do the Planes perform any occlusion or Vis Blocking function?
6- Somewhere in the editor (I forget where) I saw a Plane called 'Culling Plane' (or something like that). What is its function? Does it control engine visiblity or something similar?

1- On a single plane? Planes are 2 dimensional with 4 vertexes.So no i don't think you can. Use several planes for more complex shapes.

2- Don't understand the question.

3- I don't think you can. Planes show only one side and are always planes, but they can be at any angle. However Vertex are always at 90.

4- Materials are not planes. Don't really get what you mean. There are entities if thats what you mean yes you can. Materials are basically how you define a object to react when a collision happens. Metal objs=metalized sound.
If you mean rotate the texture of the plane then yes. Select the plane click plane on the right side and change texture angle.

5- Yes, they are there to BE the ground so you walk on planes most of the time. Sure they block vision. But only on one side. From the other side, like walls they are see trough.

6- Never saw that sorry Sad

Hope it helps.
10-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Some Questions About Planes..? - by einfrnirdyr - 10-02-2010, 12:32 AM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by HakePT - 10-02-2010, 02:23 AM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by graykin - 10-02-2010, 02:36 AM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by Noj - 10-02-2010, 04:53 AM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by graykin - 10-02-2010, 04:16 PM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by Equil - 10-03-2010, 12:33 AM