Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fantastic horror experience + some suggestions!
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Fantastic horror experience + some suggestions!

(10-27-2010, 07:00 PM)Shanodin Wrote: 1.) More variation in enemy types, behavior, animation and models.

Yes.

(10-27-2010, 07:00 PM)Shanodin Wrote: 2.) Even more variation in sounds. (not that there is much room for improvement in this area, because the way the game sounds is already stunning.)

Yeah, maybe just a few more.

(10-27-2010, 07:00 PM)Shanodin Wrote: 3). More things that your sanity has an effect on. Take for example the painting of Alexander that changes depending on your current sanity. These things are truly awsome.

Spoiler below!
I personally think FG they have this balanced pretty well, any more sanity triggers and Daniel would be taking amnesia potions every 5 minutes. Smile

(10-27-2010, 07:00 PM)Shanodin Wrote: 4.) More inventory management and a few more permanent tools would only add to things.

Maybe, I think the inventory is fine the way it is.

(10-27-2010, 07:00 PM)Shanodin Wrote: 5.) Character progression? Maybe a some sort of point system to spend on slight improvements on your character. Examples:

- slightly increased movement
- ability to bash or pick locked doors open to some extent.
- Heightened senses
- Lore or language. If there were books or notes written in different language.
- improved sanity management

The goal would be not to make the game too easy but to add choices and
immersion.

God no, this isn't MW!!! This is exactly the kind of thing FG need to avoid doing, an upgrade system would wreck Amnesia's perfectly balanced gameplay.

(10-27-2010, 07:00 PM)Shanodin Wrote: 6.) This one is tricky but I think would add to the horror. An optional choice for the player to put on a special filter that disables the usage of TAB, escape buttons for 2 - 5 seconds after an enemy appears on the players screen. Too often I would find my friend or myself panic and press esc instead of running away which breaks the immersion. To weaklings like us this would be a cool feature Rolleyes

Maybe, or you could just be brave and not tab out. Amnesia's all about immersion, imo if you pause the game every time something scary happens you're not playing it correctly.
10-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fantastic horror experience + some suggestions! - by Urrah - 10-28-2010, 07:33 AM