Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gandalf's scripting questions thread
Nye Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Modifying sound volumes and distances

(03-04-2011, 08:26 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: Hello. I'm pretty new here and just underway with a custom story of my own. So far my map isn't very large, just one decent sized room and a few corridors, but I'm having trouble with some of the sounds. I placed two instances of the sound 00_creak.snt near a large castle door on one side of the map. I changed the parameters so that the volume was lower and the range the sound could be heard much shorter...however, I'm still hearing the sound way on the other end of the map, far beyond how I set it. The volume seemed to work to some extent, just not the range of the sound. Any ideas?

Is it a sound that repeats?

Also, if the maximum range is too large, and the player is always inside it, you will not be able to detect where the sound is coming from.

Make sure the 'Use Defaults' box is UNTICKED and ensure that the maximum range is greater than the minimum range and ensure that the maximum range has a radius that is small enough for the player to walk into to experience the rise in volume as they move closer to the source.

If it is a sound that you only want to play once, you shouldn't be using the level editor to play the sound, although that is an entirely different story Tongue

03-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modifying sound volumes and distances - by Nye - 03-04-2011, 09:14 PM